Ok, maybe not quite that bad, but really: I'm so sad it's over and wish it could have gone on forever. It was a weekend whirlwind of friends and family, bridal shower celebrations and bachelorette party shenanigans. Even the five hour drive to New York and back was super fun, thanks to being able to make it with my Maryland friends. Alas, I will just have to relive the good times through pictures. Oh right, and blog posts!!
Let's rewind a bit first. I was absolutely stressed out in the days leading up to my weekend extravaganza. I have no clue why, I'm just a big ol' stress ball. Welcome to my life. Anyway, I woke up on Thursday feeling a tingle on my bottom lip. Remember how I said I was afraid I'd get a cold sore the day before the wedding? Well, I can't speak for that yet, but I can absolutely tell you that I got one two effing days before my shower and bachelorette party.
It's growing.
I mean, of course, right?! This does not bode well for future events. So I popped my Valtrex, smothered my lip in Zovirax, and prayed to the herpes gods that it would at least be manageable on the day of the shower and bachelorette party (more to come on that). Maryland friends and I also drank lots of wine and ate lots of pizza the night before both events. Healthy, no?
Em (our officiant), brideslady A & I digging in.
Like my shirt?! peachplum09 made it for me!!!
In my effort to drink away my stress and cold sore, I felt that Foxy needed to be clued it on the festivities of my shower/bachelorette eve. So I sent him this picture:
Ughhh I love wine.
In response, he sent me this:
Touché, Foxy. Touché. ((Personally, I think this is his way of asking for a glittery "Groom" shirt. Hah!))
So anyway, in short, the days leading up to my weekend extravaganza were.. interesting. Or whatever word you would use to describe stress, wine, and cold sores. But it was all worth it, for what was in store on Saturday!! I literally *just* got the pictures of everything from several different people, and I can't wait to share the details of the festivities with you all!
Were you stressy leading up to your shower and/or bachelorette for whatever reason? Do you ever get side affects from it?


2 comments:
You guys have such hysterical senses of humor. My husband and I had our bachelor/bachelorette parties together, my girls and mom planned the shower, everything was super low key. I never did have a super stressed time until two nights before when I had a billion projects left to do. By that point, any zits that might decide to come up came the day after the wedding. I'm sorry about your cold sore! I hope it clears up and never comes back!
I hope you unstress soon! Hahaha I love your Grooms picture! :-)
Post a Comment