Sunday, May 13, 2012

Garter-iffic

Ah, yes. The quest for the garter.

I initially didn't even give the idea a second thought.. I'm personally not a fan of how your "typical" garter looks, and didn't think I would be sporting one on our wedding day.

Ehh.. not really my thang.
Image via Wonder Costumes

But somewhere along line, I found other types of garters (likely on one of my oh-so-frequent Etsy binges). There were lacey ones. Delicate ones. Vintagey looking ones. Beautiful garters galore!

Via Etsy shop Bella Sposa Couture

Via Etsy shop Garter Me Good

Via Etsy shop Brides Boutik

Via Etsy shop Polka Dots n Pixies

Via Etsy shop Woomi Pyo

Can you even deal?! I was swooning over that last one for a long time.. it's just so different and so classy-but-sassy. Love. All of a sudden, I didn't just want a garter.. I needed one. Never mind the fact that we aren't doing a garter toss. I decided that even if no one but myself (and Foxy..!) know about it, just having one of those beauties on my thigh will make me feel so.. sexy. Rawr. So, garter it is.

Trust me when I tell you that I battled with this decision making process for months. While I loved the look of the floral applique like in the last picture, I kept finding myself being drawn to the stretchy lace style with a large, sparkly applique, like in pictures 1, 3, and 4. Seeing as we are just weeks away from the wedding at this point, I knew I had to make my mind up, and fast. Which is why I was incredibly thankful for an extra slow work day last week; only having two clients meant I could devote literally hours to this decision.

What, it didn't take you hours and days and months to choose a garter? Psh.

Anyway, let's get down to it. The garter I ultimately chose was..

Image via Etsy seller Polka Dots n Pixies

..this one!! While this is not my exact garter (seeing as I just put the order in last week), Britt from the Etsy shop Polka Dots n Pixies was kind enough to send me an image of what it will ultimately look like. The lace is stretchy and ivory in color, and the gorgeous applique is sparkly, perfectly oversized, and just overall amazing. It's going to be the perfect little hidden accessory!

Are you wearing a garter, regardless of whether or not you'll be doing a garter toss at the wedding?

No comments: