Funny story.. I knew I would be writing this post today and seriously had a nightmare last night about how everyone hated them and thought they were gross and dumb. That was sad.
Anyhoo, the closer the wedding date gets, the more VIP guests (you know.. bridal party and family and whatnot) have been asking us when they need to be in town for any wedding related festivities. I've been telling everyone what they need to know over the phone or email, but I still get questions and concerns and all those fun things that come along with it. Of course I could have just sent everyone one big informative email (which I'm still going to do), but I felt compelled to get all artsy-craftsy again and whip up some kind of "formal" invitation.
I wanted something simple, fun, and that was able to make use of some of the leftover and unused invitation supplies that I still had lying around. You know, like the 40 sheets of card stock I bought from Michael's right after I got engaged, not realizing until later that they were ultimately the wrong color for the invites. #notthinking
For some reason, I became hell bent on writing and using my very own cute little poem that would include all the details.. easy peasy, right? Well, obviously not; have YOU ever tried writing a (sensical) poem for a rehearsal dinner? (If so.. I envy you and you can disregard this.) Once I started running around asking Foxy what rhymed with "rehearsal" and "crab" (blab? drab? flab?), I figured I should maybe Google it (and by Google it, I mean Weddingbee it). Of course you guys had something already whipped up and easy enough to adapt to our specific situation. And so that's what I did.
So what exactly does a poem + some card stock + washi tape + more sparkly paper equal?
How stinkin' cute are those crabs?! I almost did another sparkly heart, but when I saw that Martha Stewart had a CRAB punch.. well, obviously my mind was made up for me.
Do you also like how I added that there will be more options besides crab (even though it says crab feast and I've already literally told e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. that there will be chicken, shrimp, salad, tuna, etc, in addition)??
Apparently, some people get antsy about things (like crabs). One thing I've learned is that you have spell everything out to avoid repeating yourself a dozen times.. and even then, you'll still get questions. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Are you sending out rehearsal dinner invites in any fashion (mail, email, carrier pigeon, etc)? Have you found yourself having to repeat wedding related things a dozen times to anybody?
3 comments:
These are so cute! I think the poem turned out GREAT!!!!!
These turned out awesome!
So freaking cute! The crab is perfect!
Post a Comment