Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It's Party Time!

There are some interesting pictures and captions ahead, FYI. Don't say I didn't warn you (mom). HUGS!

At the very tail end of my bridal shower, I realized that I was saying goodbye to all the adults and had no idea where any of my friends went. Where, oh where, did my ladies go?!

So I made my way out to the front of the house, where lo and behold, what was in front of my eyes..


Oh, no biggie. My fabulous ladies just got us a limo for the trip into the city!! You have to understand that I 110% thought we would just be taking the train in - like, I almost bought tickets in advance because, I mean, how else would we get there?

Oh right, a surprise limo!

So we grabbed our bags..


..posed (and beveled!) for a few pictures..

..then got inside so we could get the bachelorette portion of the party started!


I have to admit that I'm a total dork and the limo ride was partially one of my favorite parts of the evening. We had the music blasting, champagne in our hands, excitement for the night ahead..



 ..ah yes, and typical bachelorette and penis paraphernalia!

We eventually arrived in good ol' NYC about an hour later due to some traffic, and made our way to our hotel to relax, pregame, and prep for the night ahead.

So much going on here.

Our fabulous hotel, thanks to MOH Blondie!

At this point, MOH Blondie and brideslady M realized that staying up until 4am the night before probably wasn't the best idea, so they took a catnap while a few of us goofed off in the other room. Brideslady A lounged around in the hotel-provided robe..


..while I decided to make use of our amazeballs windows and view and have my own little fashion show.


Soon enough, all the ladies woke up and got ready, and it was time to head out for the main attraction of the evening... Lucky Cheng's! This was a place I had been dying to go to, and it surely did not disappoint. Dinner and a drag show? Sign me up!


There was definitely some.. debauchery.. that occurred here, with pictures that will hopefully never see the light of day again. So I'll show you these, instead.


I really liked my penis straw.. can you tell?



Orgy bowl! I think our drink was called the Pink Pussy? Yep.

BJ shot! Ughhh haven't done one of those since college.

So.. those are my legs, and that is my body being hidden by a metallic cape. We don't talk about what happened next.

Ok, so time for a funny story real quick: the one bachelorette "accessory" I requested was a veil, since I'm not wearing one for the wedding. By veil, I assumed it would be some cute little thing from Michael's, maybe attached to a tiara, but shoulder length at the longest. You know what I'm talking about. Well, MOH Blondie was in charge of accessories and paraphernalia, and she sure did get me a veil.


A verrrrry looooong veil. Like.. a real veil. I give her credit and you know I rocked it, but it definitely got a bit awkward at times. Just wait...

See, I was wearing this cute little white lacy number (with a veil) and MOH Copper was wearing a sassy sparkly black dress.


So just imagine what we looked like, walking arm in arm out of Lucky Cheng's at 1am in New York City. I definitely heard "aw look they just got married!" and "congratulations ladies!" about five or six times in the span of one city block. Not gonna lie, I loved it.

Now that MOH/wifey Copper and I were apparently hitched, it was time for the drinking and dancing part of the evening! MOH Blondie guided us to a club called Lavo not too far from our hotel, where we stayed for maybe 45 minutes.





It was definitely hopping and had a decent scene going, but.. well, I guess it's considered a "Las Vegas style club" and I evidently do not really enjoy them all that much. We got our groove on as best as we could, but it was clear that no one was really feeling the vibe as much as we had hoped. So back to the hotel it was for some comfy pjs, girl talk, and sleep. A rather quick ending to an incredibly eventful day.. but I was ok with it. Hey, if it means not being hungover the next day, I'll totally take it. And for all the good times I had starting with the shower and ending with dancing with my closest lady friends? It was wonderful!

However, stay tuned for bachelorette fiesta "part two".. a few of us got together the following weekend to sort of "make up" for the lack of dancing the first time around!

Did your bachelorette go as planned? Did your friends surprise you with anything for it?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

It is ridiculous how gorgeous you are (and your ladies!) -- sounds like you guys know how to party!

Carolyn said...

Looks like so much fun!!! :)

eliz said...

Asos dress??? I was trying to get that dress for my rehearsal...hahhaa. Loooove it!!! Talk about a party!