Thursday, May 17, 2012

Let the RSVP stalking commence.

Welp, the RSVP deadline has come and gone and we still haven't heard from 25 people (which is more like 50 if you add plus ones and children and all that nonsense). Granted some of those people are family and wedding party peeps that I know are coming, but still - you don't send me an RSVP, I will stalk you.


I figure I'll skip my tirade on how I worked really hard on the invites and RSVP's and prestamped everything, so all guests would have to do is check a box and drop it off in the mail, yet this still seems to be too much to ask for. Grr.

Moving on: I'm actually pretty surprised at our total number so far. Back in October, I was having a mini freak out at how rapidly our guest list was growing. We ultimately ended up inviting a total of 153 people (plus kids), with the hope of not ending up over 120 (for sake of both space and money).

Here comes the fun part: as each RSVP rolls in, I have been keeping track of them in Google docs.


If we get a yes, the name, number of guests, and address gets highlighted in purple with bold text. If we get a no, they are highlighted in red and the guest count number decreases to 0. The white reflects those who have yet to respond, with their possible guest count still listed. This leaves it so that we always have a tally of the highest possible number of guests, and only decreases when someone replies that they can't come.

All this means is that, with everyone who has responded so far combined those who haven't as of yet (who are currently being counted as yeses), we are at a grand total of 107 people.

107!! That is actually perfectly within range of our original goal of 100-110 people. Now my worry has morphed from fretting about having too many people to having too few, seeing as we are monetarily responsible for at least 100 people whether we reach that number or not. ::Cue ominous music::

I'd like to think that all the non-responsive guests will eventually say they can come, but I definitely need to get my stalk on. Of the 25 who have not responded:

7 are close family
4 are in the wedding party
6 are Foxy's friends
4 are my friends
6 are miscellaneous friends of family (these are also the "up in the air" folk)

So yes, clearly some of those people will be coming and just haven't sent their RSVP in yet. However, with our current 30% decline rate, I'm a bit worried that we'll end up under 100 people in total (and yes, I actually remembered to count myself and Foxy this time). We've even invited a couple of more recent friends last minute, once we saw the guest count go down. I know the wedding and the people there to celebrate with us be perfect either way, but I'd still like to keep the number over the ever-mystical 100 mark. That, or I'll just have to eat enough myself to make up for the cost. Makes total sense.

Don't lie. You know I'm sexy when I stuff my face.

Did you have to stalk anyone for a response after your RSVP date? Did you have a higher than expected decline rate?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Ooh, see the close family and wedding party peeps who don't RSVP make my blood boil!

Carolyn said...

Waiting for our RSVPs was SO FRUSTRATING!!!