Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Favorable Idea

I am so stinkin' excited to finally share about our favors!! They are something that I had seen in a magazine and fell in love with a while back, but had to wait until much closer to the wedding to acquire all necessary ingredients and assemble them. Don't get me wrong, I changed my mind about what they should actually be about 29853 times before I finally settled on one, but once I stumbled across this idea, I knew it would be perfect.

At first we were thinking bottles of Dinosaur BBQ sauce for everyone, but that would really only make sense if we had the wedding in upstate New York near Foxy's parents and actually served their (freaking delicious) BBQ.

Image via Amazon

We also considered wine as favors since we are both such big wine-heads, but that had the potential of going out of our budget very quickly. I also think it fits more with a vineyard wedding, and it didn't quite work with the rest of the feel of our wedding, if that makes any sense.

Image (& label) via Etsy seller Beau Chic Prints

So.. what exactly does resemble our wedding? Well, we are both New Yorkers who transplanted ourselves to Maryland. We've made this place our new home over the past few years, and plan on staying here for a while. One of our favorite things about Maryland is the fresh seafood, which obviously refers mostly to crab in this case. We are having a crab feast for our rehearsal dinner, after all! And what is synonymous with crabs, at least here in Maryland? Why, Old Bay, of course!!

I ended up using these cute little babies I ordered a while back..


..bought me some massive amounts (as in, 15 pounds) of Old Bay..

Nice jugs. 

..and filled those babies up!

A lot of sneezes were also involved at this point. Damn Old Bay and its "miscellaneous spices".


Ta-da!

Of course, as you can see, I also spruced them up with some ribbon and a little card - the ever popular MiniMoo's worked great for this!

Front and back of card

I'm so pumped about the way these turned out, despite the fact that we have an almost full 7.5 pound jug of Old Bay left over (I may have overestimated how much I would need by just a bit). No matter.. that's what impromptu, at-home crab feasts are for!




Did your favors have a local flair or mean something special to you?

No comments: