Wednesday, April 11, 2012

You've got questions, I've got answers

Well hive, the invites are ready. to. go.


I'm not quite ready to share all the nitty gritty details just yet (give me a week!), but I will tell you that we included a website card for information like accommodations, directions, registry information, etc. And seeing as I plan on taking these to the post office tomorrow (and have already given a few out to family members), I figured I should probably update that long forgotten website, yes? (Because I kind of haven't given it much thought since September.)

Back when I originally created the site, I had all the basic information on it: place, date, time, random details. I revised it when I sent out the Save the Date's to try and keep some mystery until the invites themselves would be sent. Since that time is now upon us, I needed to re-revise (..?) and re-include all those little details that people will surely want to know but will be clueless about based on our invite suite alone.

So what did I re-include? For one, all the details about the venue, ceremony, and after party, as well as some more recent pictures. But my most favorite part of the updated site would have to be the new and improved Wedding FAQs section. Instead of including a tab just for registry information or just for directions, I kind of just mushed it all together!



So far, here's what I've got:

So.. do we get to eat at this thing?

Of course you do!! Immediately following the ceremony, there will be a traditional cocktail hour in the Vandiver's main room and outside on the porch. We will then migrate over to the outdoor pavilion to eat, drink, mingle, and dance the night away!

What kind of food can we expect?

Anything and everything! There will be red meat, white meat, pasta, seafood, salad.. we are positive that you will find something you can enjoy!

What should I wear?

Well, clothes would be a good start! As for the "dress code".. think of a slightly dressed up version of business casual. Men can wear anything from a full suit to dress pants with a nice shirt and tie. The ladies can wear anything from a nice summer dress or pantsuit to a cute cocktail dress. We'd like for you to get dressed up, but still be comfortable!

Where are you registered?

If you are wanting to come with a gift in hand, you can find a registry under either of our names at:








How do I get there?

The Vandiver is right off of I-95 via exit 89. Their website has wonderful, detailed directions here. Once you're in town, you might find this map helpful, as well!



I'll be in the area for the weekend.. any advice on what to do?

Lucky for you, Havre de Grace is just a short drive from the Philly, Baltimore, and DC metropolitan areas! But if you'd rather stay around town, check out all the things to see and do!



________________________________________

I'm pretty sure that's all the pertinent information (at least for the things not mentioned elsewhere on the site or the invites). That last diagram is my favorite, too - I would love to find a way to stick a printout of it in everyone's room upon arrival!

((Side note: I linked the images of the BBB and Potterybarn logos straight to our respective registries there, and totally unintentionally noticed that people are already buying us things!! Total accidental registry stalk, I swear, but it was so freaking exciting. Like, pee in your pants exciting. Oh muh gah.))

If you have a wedding website, did you include a general FAQ section or have a more specific page for each detail? Should I add anything else to mine?

1 comment:

EmilyB said...

Omg it's adorable. Like, so cute. And you used "Stephanie" I see. Lol. ;)