Monday, April 23, 2012

Drumroll please...

Finally! It's time for the Fox invitation reveal!

I re-sent the envelopes that were returned to me early last week, and I know that at least my mom got hers already, so I think we're finally good on all that post office nonsense. About damn time.

So let's start with the envelopes (that you've all seen plenty of already). As I opted for a square invitation, I needed a 6" square envelope to send those babies out in. Good to note: square envelopes automatically cost 20 cents more to mail.



Then there was the issue of addressing them. To make a long story short, I didn't want to use labels, couldn't afford to hire someone to write them all fancy like, and I am much too lazy to learn calligraphy (unlike some fabulous other Bee's!). The next best thing was to print the addresses straight onto the envelopes. However, since I opted for the fancy, shimmery envelopes.. the ink basically didn't dry. I tried waiting three days to touch it, tried spraying it with artist fixative, but nothing seemed to work for me.

Gross.

My solution? Embossing. I've seen the word many a time here on the Bee, but honestly had no idea how to go about such a fancy thing. A bit of embossing powder and heat tool usage later, I realized just how amazeballs easy it is. Another thing to note: you cannot use a hair dryer to emboss - you must use an embossing tool. (Just trust me on this one.)


So I ran the 80+ envelopes through the printer two times each - once for our return address on the flap (sprinkle with powder, use heat tool to emboss), and once for the mailing address on the front (more powder sprinkling, more heat tool embossing). While it was all relatively easy, it took hours over the course of several days. I'm a total antsy pants and can only sit still for so long, so I usually only ended up getting about 20 done at a time. It's really time consuming, but definitely worth it in the end. Absolutely no ink smearing!



Ok, enough with the envelope babble. Let's open that baby up!!

Sorry for the blurring! :(

Oh boy...


Well hello, gorgeous!

Notice anything familiar? I decided to keep the "theme" of the glittery hearts (they were magnets in my Save the Dates) and use them as clips to hold everything together. I ended up abandoning the belly band idea that I was so set on before, mostly because I didn't like how it was (or really, wasn't) holding everything together. I think the clips worked out rather nicely, though, especially for our MiniMoo website card!


I was a bit nervous that people wouldn't flip the card over and see the web address, but guests have assured me that they noticed it (I can also tell by the increased views on the website)!

Then, finally, we have the main invite itself.


I got both the main part of the invite and the RSVP card printed out via CatPrint (the same as my Save the Dates), and I was quite pleased with the way they turned out!


These babies were absolutely a labor of love (and, let's be honest, some hate.. there were frequent curse words involved). But I love the result. And while my friend(or) Michelle designed the actual face of the invite and RSVP card, I was responsible for sprucing the suite up a bit. There was a lot of cutting, taping, carefully aligning, and wine involved.


::Phew:: Well, I'm glad they're done.. but it's all a bit surreal! The RSVP's are already coming in, making mail time even more exciting! Now I just have to get Foxy to stop opening them before I have the chance to. I worked hard on those, yo! I wanna open them myself! ;)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Lovelovelovelove!! You have some major patience girl!

Amy said...

I love them!!! Did you actually send an invite to Barack Obama? hahaha

eliz said...

I heart them! The colors! Oh my your guests are going to love them!!