I spy a puppers!
Holy moose. All I could think was "what on earth did I order?!"
Oh right. That would be a bajillion glasses and jars for the wedding.
First up: mason jars for the drinks! These were actually quite cost efficient if you order them sans lids - $6.24 for a case of 12. That's only about 50 cents a piece! Now, they aren't they cool Bell mason jars, but they are similar and cheaper and that's really all I was concerned with.
Just imagine them with some trendy stripy straws and a delicious, colorful cocktail!
Next: glass jars for the bubbles. These were $21.84 for a case of 24 - more expensive than just buying test tube bubbles, yes, but I promise they will be SO cute once I'm done with them. I have plans. Oh yes.
Then we have some more glass bottles for our favors. I'm not quite ready to spill the beans on them yet, so I'll let you ooh and ahh over how cute the bottles are and take wild guesses as what I will eventually do with them.
Now, these were really all the bottles I needed. However, since glass is just so darn heavy (and I was ordering 100+ of each item), shipping was astronomical. Ridiculous. All sorts of adjectives that describe the absurd. It was actually unbelievably cheaper for me to buy extra glasses to reach the cost that qualifies for free shipping than it would have been to pay for said shipping - so that's exactly what I did. I threw on an extra case of masons, but with lids (in case I decide to start canning...? or you know, just put all over the house), as well as several larger cork top bottles.
I don't have an exact use for these tall guys yet, but I'm thinking infused olive oil as Christmas gifts next year, perhaps? Either way, I'm sure I can come up with a use for them! I'm also hoping that, after the wedding, I'll be able to sell most of the masons and get at least some of that money back. By the way, Foxy Mama: this is what part of that much appreciated contribution went to. Lots and lots of glasses. <3
Has anyone else gone as nuts over glassware as I have? Even better, have you ordered something (large) that you totally forgot about and were completely surprised upon receiving it? I'm not going to lie, it was kind of awesome!
(P.S. All glassware was ordered from SKS Bottle & Packaging.)
2 comments:
So much glass!! HAHA Can't wait to see it all come together! :)
Wow I thought I got a lot of boxes..you win!! Fabulous finds...everything is going to look great!
Post a Comment