Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Smelly Situation

One of the many things I would never have even thought about doing until discovering Weddingbee is buying a special fragrance specifically for the wedding. I just love this idea, since I know I already associate certain perfumes and scents with different moments and times in my life. Like Curve.. do they even still make that stuff?

Image via Frangrantica

Apparently yes. I used to wear it when I was in high school, so any time I smell the remnants of the old, nasty bottle I still have, I'm immediately brought back; I even have friends mention that they think of me when they see or smell it (let's say that's a good thing..?) So, wedding fragrance it is.

I hit up Sephora yesterday on my way to work for two reasons: one, to get more of that fabulous Clinique skin care stuff (that Foxy has now taken to using as well), and two, to search for some scents. I spent a good half hour spraying almost every bottle in the store until I finally settled on something much more floral than I ever thought I would have wanted. It had hints of rose and gardenia, and while it was a bit potent on the paper tester, it smelled fabulous on my skin. Body chemistry really plays up those scents! So what was that wonderful, summery scent? It was one I had previously not heard of - Kenzo Amour.

Image via Frangrantica

Or so I thought.

See, like a normal person, I naturally assumed that the tester in front of the boxes of perfume was.. you know.. the same thing. Once at work, I felt compelled to open the perfume and test it out a bit more, only to discover that not only was the bottle color different, but that I just sprayed myself with something distinctly musky and vanilla. As in, not floral. At all.

A quick Google search told me that I indeed did not have the perfume I tested out at the store, and the one I actually wanted was Kenzo Amour Florale. Well, that makes sense. So, back to Sephora I went after work. Lo and behold, they didn't even have that scent for sale at their store. Why it was a tester on their shelves and why they just put it back on the shelves in front of the wrong perfume again is a mystery to me. Regardless, I either needed to find a new scent or just order the right stuff off of the interwebs.

I spent another good half hour searching for scents similar to the floral Kenzo, and finally settled on something very different yet very similar at the same time - Tocca Bianca.

Image via Frangrantica

As described by Frangrantica:

Bianca was inspired by tea time in Italy. It opens with a light citrus blend of lemon orpur, bergamot, mandarin and lavender. Green tea, jasmine and rose petals bloom in the heart, while a whisper of musk and sugar in the base linger on the skin.

This is a much stronger scent than the Kenzo - more of a sweet floral - but it really meshes quite nicely with my body chemistry and evokes such a pleasant feeling for me. Does that sound weird? Maybe. But I just knew that, if I didn't go with the floral Kenzo, this was it. I tested it out again today around the house and it's really growing on me - I kind of hate that I have to wait another few months to actually wear it!

I'm also debating ordering a small bottle of the Kenzo Amour Floral anyway, just to compare the two. Hey, a girl can never have too much perfume, right?! (Eh, that's debatable.)

Are you doing a wedding day scent? Was it hard to find one (or two) for you?

1 comment:

Amy said...

I used to wear Curve!!! hahahah amazing!

I would let Scot choose!