Way back at the beginning of mine and Scot's engagement, I had every intention of completely DIY'ing our invites - from the design, to the printing, to the assembling. I quickly realized I would be much better off having my good friend and amazing graphic designer, Michelle, do at least the design aspect of it. From there, I could still print and assemble.
Heh. Can you tell where this is going? After the design was pretty much completed, I tried to print it out on our inkjet.
Yeah, it was a fail.
Part of the invite is a really vibrant (but not obnoxious) orange - or so it appears on the computer screen. When I printed it out, it ended up looking like a really dirty burnt sienna color. So very much not what I wanted.
So, in true Steph fashion, I freaked a little bit and started looking for local, affordable printers who could also cut the invites down to size (it's kind of amusing how terrible I am with a paper cutter). One place that kept popping up on my search was CatPrint - not necessarily local, but you send them your jpeg or pdf file online, and they mail you the finished product a la VistaPrint.
So why have I ultimately decided on using them to print out both my STD's and invites in the near future? For one, they are super affordable. They also send you a draft hard copy before your entire order is put through to make sure your product is exactly what you wanted. They have tons of different paper styles and options, and their online uploader/designer is very detailed and user-friendly.
I've been holding off on ordering my invites until the "appropriate" time to do so (according to the master wedding checklist), but you know what? Screw it. I'm ordering those babies within the next few weeks. One more thing I can check off the list!
Now I just need to figure out how I'm assembling and packaging them. Still have no clue about that one. Obvs.

4 comments:
A couple of bees have used that site! I'm going in your direction. Mr. Tattoo is an awesome graphic designer and we will just find a way to print them!
We're twinsies (again)! I'm using them too. Can't wait to see the final result!
I've used Catprint before and they're amazing! The quality is awesome. You'll love them :D
sounds like a great find!! i'm sure they'll turn out fantastic and def. get it done sooner rather than later, invitations are such a Pain in the you know what!
Post a Comment