(I know that's really not much better, but I call all my lovely friends "lady", so it makes sense in my mind.)
I realize that I haven't written much.. or anything.. about said bridesladies yet, even though I have been looking for their dresses since about a month into our engagement. I also chose and asked all my ladies to be in the wedding the very night I got engaged.
Lesson number 23 in wedding planning: if you have a 26 month engagement, do not pick out your bridesladies the night you get engaged. (I very much love all my ladies, but more on this at another time.)
Back to what's at hand: brideslady dresses! From the start, I knew I wanted them some shade of turquoise and some version of chiffon fabric.
Thank you, DB, for your super fun dress your wedding feature.
Just through the dress simulator, I quickly realized that I wasn't really a fan of the matchy-matchy thing.
Love everything about this.
Image via Green Wedding Shoes | Photo by Ashley Rose Photography
Image via The Bride's Cafe | Image by Jill Thomas Photography
I'm definitely leaning more towards a mismatched but matching look for the ladies, but I'm admittedly worried that different colors won't end up being as cohesive as these pictures and as I see it in my mind.
via Dessy Styleboard
The next best option would be to have the girls all wear the same color and fabric, but in a style of their choosing.
I also love the mismatching shoes.
Image via The Bride's Cafe | Image by Jill Thomas Photography
Dessy styleboard again
Right now, I'm leaning towards same color and fabric, different styles and different shoes.
Ughh, silly decisions! I feel like it should be easier to pick out the brideslady getup than my own wedding day ensemble, but that is clearly not the case.
What are your thoughts? What did you/will you do for your ladies on your big day?






8 comments:
Emily had us pick whatever black dress we wanted + whatever shoes we wanted. I loved having the flexibility to buy a dress that fit me, flattered me and was my style. Your BMS are in YOUR wedding, true, but they are your friends. You want them as your friends after the wedding too, dontcha? haha.
We went through David's Bridal for my ladies dresses. I chose a fabric (cotton sateen), a color (watermelon) and the length (short). That left about 5 dresses to choose from... Each girl chose her own dress from there. It worked out perfectly. My sister, the MOH had a different dress from the others completely (and a little cover up) that helped her stand out. There were two girls in one style. Two in another and then one in another. So it was a pretty decent mix. And it turned out looking really nice. I just asked that they wear black shoes, which looked neat mismatching as well! Excited to see what you choose!
I would be your friend and any of my other ladies' friends no matter what they wanted me to wear at the wedding.
This being said, I LURRRRVE your first Dessy Styleboard up theyere. I love the mismatchy all one color. That's kinda what we did except MOH wore yellow for me. :o)
I had my girls wear the same because their dresses were only $30 (and looked great)! Before that, I was learning towards the same color/company and each girl pick her own style.
I prefer when bridesmaids match for one big reason: I want to be able to know who they are! I think that being a bridesmaid is a totally awesome responsibility and you should be able to stand out for it! When bridesmaids do typical cocktail dresses/black dresses they blend in with the other guests and can be hard for staff to find or guests to pay their compliments.
Just my two cents :)
I only had one lady, and I had her pick out her dress, but I told her what color (black). But I'm definitely a fan of the different dresses/different shades of the same color. I dislike the matchy-matchy.
What a great idea...bridesladies...haha
I also have a long engagement and I still haven't decided on my 4th bridesmaid...and I am 8 months away from wedding day...it can be stressful
Picking dresses for the BM was the hardest thing especially because I'm so indecisive. We've been planning since 2009 and I just recently made the decision on BM dresses. It's a hard road.
It's an annoying decision! I think the idea of wearing same color/fabric but different styles is good, since everyone can find something that works on their body type. That said, I'm going the matchy matchy route- I even want their jewlery to match!
Post a Comment