Now on to the good stuff. For a small extra fee per person, our venue also allows you to do a champagne toast and/or a signature cocktail to serve throughout the night. Given our budget, we can only realistically do one or the other.
On the one hand, a champagne toast would be pretty schweet, because let's be real here: I LOVE champagne (or sparkling wine as the case may be).
Not really a good descriptive photo, but it's def a usual Sunday afternoon ;)
Plus, I love the look and feel and vibe of a true,
classic champagne toast. And some of the the pictures can be unbeatable!
Image via What It Costs | Image via Pinterest from These tings Take Time
Image via Pinterest from Free People
Image via Pinterest from Free People
Now on the other hand, a signature cocktail is just
so fun. For one, it would ensure that there would be at least some type
of liquor for those (lovely) sticklers who aren't big beer or wine fans.
Second, we could have fun creating a name for it like "Blushing Bride
Blueberry Gimlet" or something equally as dorky and mushy. Third.. and
unashamedly one of the biggest selling points for me.. is that we could put
said cocktails in super cute glasses!
Image via Luna and Chloe Weddings | Image via Green Wedding Shoes, Photo by Jackie Wondersjackiewonders.com
Oh yes. I'm a total sucker for the mason jar
glasses and stripy straws.
What kind of bar, if any, did you have at your wedding? Any good signature cocktail ideas??





7 comments:
We did only beer and wine because our venue didn't allow liqueur. It turned out great and I don't think any guests missed a thing! :)
I love the idea of a signature cocktail and agree with you on the mason jars, they're too cute to pass up.
We just attended a wedding and I can attest to the magnificent adorability of the mason jar and striped straws. Couple them with something delish and . . . magic!
I don't drink beer or wine, even though I'm trying to learn. I myself as one of those crazy people would appreciate a signature cocktail.
Champagne is awesome though... sooooo that's tough.
I think you def. made the right choice by choosing to have a signature cocktail. Check out the "Wedding Cake Martini" we served that at our wedding and it was a hit.
1 1/2 oz. Amaretto
1/2 oz. Vanilla vodka
1 oz. Pineapple Juice
We had a martini bar at our wedding!
I like the signature drink idea a little bit more than champagne if you have to choose. I wish I had a recipe to share, but I think it should be something that matches the decor, because that would be super fun :)
Beer, wine, and sangria! Because come on, who doesn't love sangria?
Maria.. I do love me some sangria!!
Keep 'em coming ladies, I love the ideas so far!
Post a Comment