At this point, we already have the general vision of the wedding and many of the details that will be involved, rendering the magazines pretty useless. A lot of what I see and read in them is just to ogle at and swoon over, or possibly to get some advice or insight about a certain topic.
Every once in a while, though, I see an idea - a concept - that is just SO awesomesauce, that I almost wish I could find a way to incorporate it into our wedding. Naturally, all these ideas would make absolutely no sense with the wedding we're planning (in my mind, least), but.. in another life and another wedding? I would TOTALLY use these!!
1. Classy Jello shots
Apparently these are the new, cool, "it" thing. I would actually love to have these at the reception, but it seems like too much work and thought and I'm lazy. But how amazing does a vodka pink lemonade jello shot that looks like a petit four sound?!
2. Balloon Place "Cards"
I think these are just so clever. Why write names on a basic place card when you can write it on a balloon? I especially love how they tied them to little favor boxes - two birds with one stone right there!
3. Elemental Wine
This is possibly the spunkiest idea ever for wine bottle favors, or even table wine at the reception. Simple but so clever, in my opinion.
4. Scratch off Save the Date's
Again, a really unique, fun idea - especially if you're having a Vegas/casino style wedding or are big scratch off fans. Cute to boot and I guarantee guests would LOVE to scratch the little hearts. I never would have thought this would be a DIY project!
Have you come across any wedding ideas that you just loved but couldn't find a way to fit into your big day?




7 comments:
Those are so cute! The jello shots could be amazing for a high-tea bachelorette!!!
Those element wine bottles are really cute. And the balloon places.
I've always loved the idea of doing scratch offs! And those jello shots are awesome. :)
I was just as suprised about the DIY scratch off. If not for the wedding maybe for a shower or birthday party. I think I can find an excuse to do that one.
all I have to say is... yesss to awesomesauce.
I am totally with you as far as having obsessions with things you know you can't really have. I used to try to tell myself "Oh, no, you don't like that." but of course I did; I think it's so much smarter to allow yourself to say "Yes, I do really like that, but it just doesn't fit into our theme." and stay sane. It's what I'm trying to do as well. Thanks for the post.
Love this post! I'm still obsessed with all things wedding too (more than 2 years after my own!). Love those jello shots and love the balloons! What great ideas!
those jello shots are so cute! I LOVE this idea of showing all the things you love but couldn't use..because beLIEVE me we all have them..and I feel like I"d have so many things to add to this I don't know where to begin. I might do a post with my "other life" ideas too...thanks for the thought!
Post a Comment