For one, it involves those massive amounts of shoes I've been buying off of Zappos.
For two (?), it rhymes with shmess shmitting.
Ehhh?
Ok yes.. it's my first official dress fitting!!
By the time you all read this, I will be well on my way to New York to meet up with my mom and stop back at RK Bridal to see and try on my beauty for the first time since November! It's going to be a very basic fitting - just to make sure that they ordered the right size and such - and then it will make its journey from NYC to DC. Apparently, we will save oodles of money if we have it shipped from the store to my apartment, rather than buy it at the store and do alterations there, pick it up, etc (silly NY taxes).
The plan is that I'll get the dress (and headpiece?!) in the mail shortly after Tuesday's fitting and get the alterations done down here in Maryland/DC. So if anyone knows a good local seamstress, please let me know!
I must admit.. I'm very eager to see what the dress will look like with the (three pairs of) shoes I have as options. Oooh, the possibilities. Wish me luck!
13 comments:
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee so exciting!!!!!!! Awhile back I went to relook at your old post when you bought the dress - and goneeeee! Ahhh the realness of it all! :)
I agree about silly NY taxes! The dress fitting totally makes it seem all too real. Ack! How terrifically exciting!!!
Very exciting!! Where in MD are you? My tailor was in Olney and she is awesome. I also know of another one in Gaithersburg that is highly recommended. Let me know if you want their names!
I've been following along casually with you for a while! We are at 4 days until our wedding and it is so fun to watch as you get closer to this point!
When you hit the 60 days point in a couple of weeks, I'll be poring over the rest of your planning!
We had better see all the shoes with the bottom of the dress!
EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, now you have to tell us ALL ABOUT IT! So excited!
I'm glad you finally got a chance to head up there for your fitting! It's gonna look amazing. :D
How Exciting!!!
Yay!!! So excited for you!! I couldn't believe how much fun trying on dresses was and I completely wanted to wear my dress until the wedding day.
Holy toledo! How exciting!! P.S. the "ehh" face=hilarious!
Just seeing this! Yaaaaay, I'm so excite!!! Okay, I am....I am excite (hehe) for you! I loved dress fittings, they were the most fun.
And that's the best picture EVER. Ehh?
FUN FUN FUN FUN!! Oh that's so fun. YAY!! I'm sure it went well :)
I don't know any alterations people here in DC. Maybe I can ask around at work, though! (Duh, sometimes I forget that this kind of stuff is at my fingertips.)
I loved my dress fittings :) Awwwwww.
Post a Comment