Monday, May 30, 2011

The shoe saga continues.

I don't know why I'm so obsessed with finding my wedding shoes right this instant.

Ok I lied, I do know. It's because I wanted them in my possession before I went to my first dress fitting.

That being said, I was browsing everyone's favorite obsession site (aka Pinterest) the other day and saw these:


I don't even need to tell you why I'm in love. Just look at the TURQUOISE SOLES. Amazing.

I did some research (aka looked at the caption) and saw that the brand, Pour la Victoire, has a whole line of bridal/wedding shoes, many of which are sold on Zappos. Which is where I saw these:

Pour la Victoire Cristella 2

Are you dying yet? You should be. They're amazing.

So I ordered those babies on the spot at about 10:30pm. I woke up the next morning to an email from Zappos saying that they already shipped them, and got them in the mail the very next day. Seriously? I said it before, I'll say it again, and no I'm not being sponsered: I love Zappos. Big puffy heart love. That's twice in a row that I got my shoes in less than 48 hours!

So the shoes are totally gorgeous both off and on. They are a unique shade of ivory that I'm a bit cautious about, since I'm not sure it will "go" with the dress. Then again, I never really cared about that kind of stuff, and I'm not inviting the fashion police to the wedding, so I should be ok.

My one gripe is that the only turquoise is on the soles, and I really want something by the peep toe. If these work with the dress (both color and height wise), I'm thinking of shnazzing them up a bit. Maybe bling it out with some turquoise crystals or take off the bow in the back and put a flower in the front. I have no idea. But the world is my oyster and these shoes are totes-magotes the pearls.

Terrible analogy, but you get it.


Meep!

8 comments:

Claire Gallam said...

I LOVE THOSE SHOES, STEPH!! Ah, so sexy. and isn't Zappos the BOMB?

jacin {lovely little details} said...

whoaaaaaaaaa...... move over, red heels - these babies are gorgeous!!!! and perfect for you!!!

Jessica said...

Those shoes are PERFECT! The blue sole is adorable and I like your idea of blinging them out to make them your own. :)

Layla said...

Those shoes are the TITS. (I see your I Love You Man reference and raise you, broseph goebbels.) Seriously though. If nothing else, wear in a boudoir shoot. Or give to me. Yes, that's it. Just give them to me.

EmilyB said...

Looooooooove. A lot. Also, good call with the peep toes. You know about my toe saga so I'm glad to see you won't follow in my (pardon the seriously bad pun) footsteps.

Kristin said...

They're SO cute!!!!

Maria said...

Omigosh we can be shoe twins! Yay satin peeptoes!

Charlotte said...

:O those are beautiful shoes.... did they match any dresses you tried?? (I'd wear them even if they didnt)