::letting it go::
I was also feeling very uninspired. I'm sure I mentioned this before, but my creativity got thrown out the window when I threw my high school graduation cap up in the air.
Poof. Gone.
I knew the natural solution would be to have someone else create the STD's, or just use a template. But I really wanted to at least try to be creative. I originally wanted to design the invite suite myself as well, but I quickly learned that that would not be happening and we'd be using a friendor instead. So I at least wanted to take hold of these STD cards.
That being said, I had been browsing the interwebs for inspiration a while back and realized that I very much loved a lot of the pre-made STD designs on Minted.
Some of my favorites:
All images via Minted
Aren't they all just super cute and super fun? The only not cute thing about them is the price - I wasn't so much a fan of spending $180 (+ tax, + S&H) for 100 postcards. So I decided to fiddle around on my comper, hoping to make my own version of some of the samples up there.. and one of them actually came out pretty decent!! Mr. Foxy also happened to be a fan of my
It may not be the most unique or fancy or artsy thing anybody has ever seen, but I'm ok with that.
Some foreshadowing: don't be too surprised if/when I scratch this idea as well. ;)
Did you have a hard time finding an STD or was it an easy-peasy decision for you?






9 comments:
I LOVE the first one!!
Those are super cute! :) A little tip - I bought my design on Etsy for $15, and then just printed them on 4x6 matte photos from Shutterfly and picked them up for like $20 for 150 of them. They looked great, and I have gotten TONS of compliments on them! I bet the one you made is adorable!
Those are super cute! I can't wait to see what you create/decide on. I designed mine on photoshop, then had a friend of mine who is a graphic designer look them over and make sure they were legit, then had a friend who owns a printing company print them for me, so there's definitely ways to do them for cheap! Just be creative! :)
Oooh, I LOVE the third one down and the last one. What about designing/printing them yourself in Photoshop?
I love these ideas! Have you thought of doing the 100 free postcards from vistaprint? It will help you with costs as you only pay about $15 for shipping!
i cant wait to see just how great they turn out :)
I really like that first one, can't wait to see what you came up with. Creating something on your own is an awesome alternative!
Dude, totally do it yourself. I took one of our e-pics, put in some text, had them printed as pictures (so glossy paper) at Target or CVS or something, and called it a day. If you need help bouncing around ideas just let me know!!
The 2nd & 3rd are my favs. I had big plans for the save the dates and I let those go pretty quickly. It happens.
Post a Comment