REO Speedwagon anyone? No? Just me? Psh.
The long and short of it is that I keep getting asked what 'kind' of wedding we'll be having, what the 'feel' of it will be.
And for a while I had no stinkin' clue. I would ramble on and on about stuff no one but myself cares about, like how it will be a laid-back, kind of picnic-y summery feel with a splash of sophistication here and there. Modern with a twist. Simple but classy, but more casual-classy. Etcetera and so forth.
Then I came across this wonderful little term: rustic chic. The beautiful thing about this current wedding buzzword is that it can be defined a million different ways and it encompasses a wide variety of ideas, themes, details, etc. In the wedding world, it seems like everyone and their mother is doing their own twist on this, but whatevs. I'm totally enamored.
I would write out my personal definition of rustic chic (and hence, our wedding), but it's so much more fun to do it in an inspirational picture board, no?
From top to bottom..
Clearly, there will be LOTS of turquoise, and we'll be adding accents of a light clementine orange here and there to complete the look. I just totally love the color combo!!
Definitely snatched this entire inspiration board
Le sigh <3
Tell me, what is/was the 'feel' of your wedding?


7 comments:
OMG I just about died when I saw that tree with the fabric. DIED!
I always wanted a boho rustic muskokian wedding. Still plan to. Muskoka is where I'm from... and believe me it's a style. hahah.
Oh my god, I don't even know what the feel of my wedding was. I think it was hollywood rock? I don't know. GAH! I'll have to ask someone that was there.
I'm glad you're getting there girl! Do whatever makes you feel happy, you hear me?!
love it!!!! and i totally recognize those teal and blue puff balls! your wedding is going to be amazing!
Oh agreed! Rustic chic is definitely the way to go!!! :) Lovely board!!!
Our wedding was "modernly vintage with a lot of wine things" :)
Mine is traditional, formal, elegant, and yes I worry it's boring haha. Yours looks great!
Post a Comment