Tuesday, June 5, 2012

'Tis the Season

Foxy and I had been approaching the months of May and June with a bit of caution. Going in, we knew that once Memorial Day rolled around, it would be a marathon of sorts. We would have brideslady M's wedding (that I was in), then our friend Edie's wedding a week later, then a full 7 days of nonstop work, then our wedding. Holy moose!

Well, the first two have happened, we're currently in the middle of work overload, and our wedding is merely days away. Conclusion? It's crunch time. But as I sort of mentioned the other day, I'm feeling oddly good about everything.. and I have my lovely friends weddings to thank for some of that!

First off, being a part of brideslady M's wedding and attending Edie's made me realize how wonderfully, uniquely them they each were. As a result, it also made me realize how beautifully, perfectly us ours will be! Sure, it may be a bit different, a bit light-hearted, a bit more casual than what some people may be expecting, but it's going to be ours. And you can't ask for more than that!

Now as for brideslady M, I know that she spent just as long planning out each and every detail of her wedding as I have, and it was truly a labor of love.



She looked gorgeous, the venue looked gorgeous, and all the details reflected her personality and her peacock theme perfectly.


The funny part was that, for as incredibly put together she is and how immaculately she plans.. we had a lot of stuff to do in the 12 hours before the wedding! Word on the street is that hey, it happens. You plan to have all this stuff done, but it inevitably somehow still needs to be done the week, eve, or even day of the wedding. But M is an amazing person with equally amazing friends (what whaaaat!), and we got it all done, from the card box...

I'm not very attractive at 1am.

...to the place card set up...


...to the table votives...


...to the flowers that she picked and arranged herself...

((Not a complete arrangement.. just components!))

...to the cupcakes that needed to be completely redone, then boxed up...

Poor cupcakes!! The heat got to them!!

Much better.

...to her sash that she completely decorated and sewed by hand...

It was GORGEOUS, btw.

...to the programs that were finished the morning of the wedding. Phew!!


But you know what?? It all came together. And it was fabulous. And if she/we could get it all done, well then I sure as hell can get (what I hope is) less than that done in the upcoming days before mine and Foxy's wedding!

With a little help from my good friend champagne, of course.

As for Edie's wedding.. well, I know she went through a couple of situations that were not exactly ideal. Like how her photographer - with whom she signed a contract and already paid for - basically told her that they weren't going to come to her wedding a mere week out. Or how her husband travels for work, often with little to no notice, and she had to plan a lot of the wedding on her own. Or how there were flash floods and tornado warnings on the day of her wedding.


But.. once again, you know what?? It all worked out. She found a new, amazing photographer with just a few days to go. She found a wonderful wedding designer to help her with the planning. The rain magically held out until just after the outdoor ceremony was over.


She looked beautiful, she handled everything with ease, she dealt with everything that came her way. And if she can stay poised and calm with so much chaos going on around her, I'm extremely hopeful that I can take it all in with the same amount of stride!






Aside from all the little lessons learned in these past few weeks, I've also absolutely loved going to all these weddings. It's getting me so, so, so excited for our own, and I've noticed that I all of a sudden just care so much more. About the details, about the ceremony wording, about the way the groom looks when his bride walks down the aisle, about the guest book.. all those things that you may not always notice if you're not hot on the heels of your wedding day. It's a fun place to be, actually!

Cheers!

Did you have any weddings to attend or be a part of just before or after your own? Did you find you were more perceptive to everything?

1 comment:

eliz said...

Planning your own wedding and being part of a wedding is fun...you learn from each other. :-) I love that pink dress on you...:-)