Monday, June 11, 2012

Gifts for the Girls

First and foremost, I want to thank you all a million times over for your amazing, sweet, and heart-warming words in regards to my grandfather's passing. I am so, so lucky to be a part of such an amazing community of people; I may not know you all personally, but you all touch my heart more than you know. These past few days have certainly been hard, but we are slowly finding solace and are eagerly anticipating mine and Foxy's upcoming nuptials. As some of you mentioned, sometimes this kind of celebration is needed at a time like this.

And so, we keep truckin' and focus on the wedding. :)

Now, to my bridesladies: you know I love ya, but skedaddle. Shoo. Be gone. You'll know all about what I'm writing about here in just a few days!


Are they gone?

Ok, good. Some of those girls are sneaaaaaaky.

So when it came time to think about gifting the girls, I was completely lost. All I knew was that I love-love-looooved the look of the matching robes, like Mrs. Castle and her ladies recently rocked.


I initially had my eyes on the iconic Plum Pretty Sugar robes - their soft colors and floral designs quickly stole my heart.



But.. yea. They are a bit pricey. I searched around a bit to find something comparable at a slightly lower price, and ended up really liking what I found on the Victoria's Secret website (if you haven't guessed by now, I'm kind of obsessed with all things VS).

While Vicky's didn't have the pretty floral pattern, they did have some nice, silky robes in a variety of colors for a bit less than than the Plum Pretty Sugar ones. Combine that with a coupon, a promo, and free shipping, and I was sold. (Plus.. you know.. they make for really awesome pictures.)




The two hot pink robes are for MOH's Copper and Blondie, and the lighter pink ones are for bridesladies M, Abbers, and Bunny Love. Oh yes, and the ivory one is for me. :)

I figured the perfect accompaniment to the robes would be some cute flip flops that can serve a double duty - the girls can wear them while getting ready, and then later slip them on if their little feet start hurting from their heels during the reception.

I bought the flippies at Old Navy, and took a cue from Mrs. Mink and this tutorial to make the little flower "clips" (that I hot glued on, due to a lack of clips).

This was supposed to be the end of it, but then I stumbled upon the cutest little hair clips at H&M, one of which was in the perfect peachy shade to match our wedding colors.


I paired the peachy flower with an ivory one for each girl, and am hoping to have our hair stylist incorporate one or both flowers in the girls' updos in one way or another! I think it will be great way to add a bit of peachy orange flair to their otherwise very turquoise ensemble.

The final part of their gift was rather last minute and just kind of thrown together, but I'm pleased with the results. One little known fact about me is that I love to make jewelry, mostly earrings. So when I had a bunch of leftover flower stickers from Michael's and several unused earring posts.. well, I just sort of superglued it all together. And ta-da! Earring studs.


I'm not requiring that the girls wear these the day of the wedding, but they are totally welcome to if they so choose. I just thought they would be a fun little extra to throw in!

So, in all, their loot consists of a silky robe, blinged out flip flops, some hair clips, and some earrings.


The last step was packaging them, which I was able to do in the most perfect little bags I found at Target for $.99. That's it. Amazing.


They also conveniently had matching tissue paper. Huzzah!

I seriously hope the girls like and enjoy everything.. they've done so much for me these past 26 months and deserve all this and more. Now I just have to decide on when to dole them out.. the options would be to either have them already placed in each girls' room, or give them out at the rehearsal dinner. Thoughts?

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Love this! I gave my girls the Plum Pretty Sugar robes, and I loved wearing them!!!

Maria said...

Love all your detail shots! So pro looking ;) And I love the gift bags, I may need to go to Target to pick some up!

eliz said...

Wow hard working bride! Great gifts!