Image via Board Game Geek
Basically, a different player becomes the subject of the question asked each turn, depending on where your game piece lands. Everyone secretly votes for their answer, including the subject of the question - the most popular answer "wins" the round, even if the most popular is different from what the subject put for his or herself.
Example: Imaginiff Miss Fox were a flying object. Which would she be?
1) Blimp
2) Biplane
3) Glider
4) Frisbee
5) Lear jet
6) Brick
It's basically a silly guessing game of how well you may (or may not) know a person, and it's always a hoot (especially when wine is involved). So what's the point of me sharing this with you?
Well, I ended up playing this about a year ago and being the subject a very appropriate question that went something along the lines of:
Imaginiff Miss Fox had a wedding day disaster. Which would be most devastating for her?
1) Torrential downpour
2) The officiant running late/not showing
3) A family tiff right before the wedding
4) Not having the pictures turn out
5) The cake falling on the floor
6) Running out of alcohol
Now any of these can be pretty bad, but wouldn't you know it that two of my bridesladies who were playing with me at the time guessed spot on with.. which would be most devastating for me, Miss Fox? That would be numero four: not having the pictures turn out.
The way I see it, all the other options can be easily fixed or worked around - it would be a pain, sure, but none would be as bad as ending up not having the professional pictures come out/have them get lost/what have you. I would simply be devastated. Of course you can't predict these things, no matter how good of a photographer you may have.. but it would still royally suck.
It's pretty easy to say that pictures are an important part of my life (as with most any blogger!). They have the ability to transport me back to any number of times, places, events - I'm an incredibly visual person, and having pictures of people and different things has become a part of how I remember them. My friends know me as the camera girl, knowing that if they happen to forget their camera for something, I'll always, always have mine. The best part of the good times is having a way to always look back and relive them!
Needless to say, when it came time to choose a photographer for the wedding, there was a lot of thought involved. We needed someone who has a photojournalistic style and would be able to capture all the happiness, the joy, the laughter, the tears.. you know how it goes. Oh, and we needed someone affordable.
"Affordable" for Foxy and I meant staying around $2000 at the absolute maximum. For those of you in the DC area, you may have noticed that photojournalistic and our version of affordable don't necessarily go hand in hand. Almost every photographer that I fell in love with had prices of $3000 and up for just a few hours of time. I wanted to cry. I actually did on a few occasions.
I then turned to Weddingbee and scoured every. single. thread. related to photographers in the DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia) area. Search after search after search, I was coming up short. If I liked the photos, they were too expensive. If I found good prices, I hated the photo style.
I eventually stumbled upon Exclamation Imagery somewhere along the line; I clicked over to the website, and was cautiously optimistic. From what I gathered, this was a relatively small company based out of Virginia, primarily run by the lead photographer Laura, who specializes in photojournalism type pictures. I glanced through her portfolio, and quickly felt myself falling in love. There were no prices listed on the website, so I sent her a quick email asking if she had our date available and what her rates were.
To make what could be a super long story much shorter, she called me back (major points for that!) within 48 hours, told me her amazing (no, seriously.. amazing) prices, and we set up a meeting for the very next week. We booked her within 15 minutes of meeting her.
Want to see some of the goods?
All images via Exclamation Imagery
With pictures like these, Foxy and I are incredibly excited to have Laura (and an assistant photographer!) be documenting our wedding day - she'll be there from the morning hours when us girls are getting ready to the dancing in the evening hours. I researched for months before I found her, and I'm hopeful that all that searching will pay off come June. Two photographers, all day coverage, rights & retouched images, and a 12x12 album for a fabulous price? Sign us up. Now here's hoping nothing happens to those pictures. ;)
And now.. just for fun..
INSERT POLL
Imaginiff you had a wedding day disaster. Which would be most devastating?
1) Torrential downpour
2) The officiant running late/not showing
3) A family tiff right before the wedding
4) Not having the pictures turn out
5) The cake falling on the floor
6) Running out of alcohol
7) Other... explain below!!




1 comment:
Not having the pictures turn out! That was one of the most important aspects of my wedding and what we paid the most for. I feel like everything else we could work with, but pictures last forever. :)
Post a Comment