Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Floaty Guestbook Part 2 - Decision Time

When we last left off, I asked for your opinions on my hand drawn version of the UP house to use for our finger print guestbook. There were some marvelous suggestions and alternative ideas, but I knew I really wanted to try and use my hand drawn house in some way, shape, or form. Preferably a cleaned up version, but still the house in some essence.

Welp, I didn't have much time to mull over my options because hive member Miss.E messaged me later that very same day; apparently this awesome lady just voluntarily whipped up a vector image of my house using a program called Inkscape (I gather that it's like a free version of Illustrator!). When I opened up the attachment, I was stunned. She took this..


..and morphed it into this!


Do you SEE how amazing it looks?! I was instantly in love and knew that I could make this work. Yet another reason why Weddingbee and its community is the bee's knees! (Pun obviously intended.)

The next step was to spruce it up a bit by adding some color. Peachplum09, the smarty pants that she is, so keenly previously observed that the house looked a bit like our venue.

Image via Vandiver Inn

Since I wasn't about to go and trace the Vandiver itself (fantastic concept.. much too intricate for me, heh), I figured, why not color it in like the Vandiver?


It really is green in real life, promise!

Keep in mind the lines coming out of the chimney will be where the balloon fingerprints will eventually go. My only issue with using these colors is that I have no idea what colors we would do for the ink pads. As much as I love its likeness to our venue, I'm just not sure what colors would actually "go" with it, you know?

To give myself options, I also created a colored in version that mimicked the actual UP house.




 SO cute, right? I love the brightness and springy feel of it, and we could either use all sorts of colors or just turquoise and orange for the balloons and it would look fantastic either way. But.. it has no real "connection" to the wedding, other than the fact that we love UP. And that it's pretty looking.

To be honest, I like both of the colored in houses. Everyone I've asked agrees, and no one can decide which we should go with.

So I leave it up to the hive!! What do you think: option 1 a la the Vandiver, or option 2 a la UP?

INSERT POLL
Which house do we use for the guestbook?
Option 1 - Green like the Vandiver
Option 2 - Colorful like UP

3 comments:

Amy said...

I think you should go for the Vandiver colours, it's more personal to your wedding. As for what colours you can use for it...

I would maybe go for another scheme of turquoises and yellow for the stamps.

It looks amazing now!

EmilyB said...

Ok, ok. It looks green on my screen. But on your screen it DID have a blue-ish hue to it.

I still don't know which one I would choose, though!!

Carolyn said...

I think I like the Up house! But what if you did it in the colors of your wedding instead? Then it's personal, and you have ink colors to use!