I had such an exciting mail day yesterday, hive!!
Not only did I get brideslady's M's fantaaaabulous wedding invitation (on the right), but.. you see that envelope on the left? Guess what that is?!
That's my shower/bachelorette invite!!
Apparently MOH Copper took the reins on this, and given our shared crafty history from our high school days, I knew it would be good. And the lady did not disappoint!
Even the packaging is amazing; I'm kind of in love with the envelope liner. And.. it will likely be better than my actual wedding invitations will be packaged, hah!
Anyway, this just got me ants in my pants giddy for some shower-y and bachelorette-y goodness. Word on the street is that I didn't get "the entire package", as MOH Copper is trying to keep some things a surprise. I can't decide if that makes me nervous or excited, but let's go with the latter!
Of course, I immediately called Foxy and relayed my giddiness upon receiving both this and brideslady M's wedding invite (which is beyond amazing as well, btw), thus leading to the following conversation:
Me: I'm sooo excited! I need to get a new dress!
Foxy: Wait.. you need a new dress for M's shower?
Me: No.. I already went to her shower and wore an old dress, thankyouverymuch. I need a new dress for MY shower.
Foxy: I thought you just bought a dress for that..?!
Me: No.. that one's for the bachelorette.
Foxy: Good lord, woman.
Oh Foxy, how little you understand about women. Yes, it's true - I recently ordered that little lace number from ASOS that I raved about a while back. Perfect for a bride-to-be's night out on the town.
Trust me, it's cuter in real life.
Not so much for a shower, though. I mean.. I don't need a new dress just for the shower. But hey, why the heck not? I'm only doing this whole marriage/wedding shindig once, and all these events provide perfect excuses to get some new frocks (that, and I hate everything I own). So the dress search will commence!
Were you just as surprised and excited by your shower and/or bachelorette invite? Did you end up getting a new outfit for one/both?

3 comments:
I say get a new dress!!! :) I loved getting the invites to the showers in the mail!!!!!
Not everyone has their shower and bachelorette on the same day, and most people would have an outfit for both... so it's just an unfortunate coincidence when it comes to convincing boys your need two new outfits for the same day :)
That Bachelorette outfit is HAWT! Wooo on having it in NY NY too!!! Lucky lady :D
HOT DAMN, WOMAN! Your bachelorette dress looks freaking amazing on you. It looks three bajillion times better on you than on the model. Ok, now *I* have to go out and buy new dresses for your shower/bachelorette party. Darn. ;)
Post a Comment