Monday, January 16, 2012

The Rings Are In!

First, I wanted to reiterate what Mrs. Sparkler recently mentioned: In terms of wedding planning, do whatever you can, as early as you can.

Hearing it from a married woman made me feel instantly better about my obsession with with getting things done way too early (like booking everything two years out). It turns out, though, that it's really not all that crazy of a notion. A few personal examples:

1. Our DJ. We booked him just short of two years out; in the time between when we met with him and when we actually put a deposit down (about a month), he informed us that another couple wanted to book him on the same day. We still had first dibs, so we jumped on that. Had we not met with him so obnoxiously early, we wouldn't be having the fantastic DJ that we will (at a great price, to boot).
2. My dress. Told you all about that one. Had I waited until a "normal" time to start looking/actually buy something, I would have been stressing out a lot (I mean.. a lot) more than I did.
3. Our rings. Jared's told us we didn't need to start seriously thinking about them or order anything, even a custom band, until about 2 months out. Seeing as it took exactly two months to get my ring and about three months to get Foxy's.. I'd say it's a good thing we got started early.

Now onto the good stuff.

About 3 weeks after my last ring post, I got the call from Jared's. They've gotten pretty used to my name and my face (or really, my ring) over the last few months - the woman who called was almost (almost) more excited than I was that the ring was finally ready. Lucky for me, I was off that day and was able to be at the store within the hour. (Sidenote: it is never a good idea to go to a jewelry store {or any store, really} on a Saturday one week before Christmas.) I arrived, chased an associate down, and got not just my custom wedding band, but my precious, precious e-ring back as well. Fina-freakin-ly. And they are perfect together - the fit, the size, the just-right amount of sparkle.

Boom. I'm so in love!!


In my selfish giddiness, I didn't even think to ask about Foxy's ring. So I left, wearing my band all the way home (obvs). It finally occurred to me later that day that we ordered his ring at the same time we ordered mine, and his wasn't a custom. It did have to be uniquely made for his size since it's tungsten, but it should not be taking longer than my ring. I called about it the next day, and lo and behold, it was ready. But they never called, as before.

Long story short: I tried to pick up the ring on my own, but since the account is under Foxy's name, they wouldn't let me. Good thing, too, because when we were both finally able to go in about two weeks later, the ring was a half size too big. Word on the street is that the titanium and tungsten rings tend to "run large", so Foxy should have been sized with a women's ring sizer (which he wasn't). So they had to reorder his ring, which took another month.

Fortunately, he was able to pick it up a few days ago - we finally have a "matching" set of rings!!




By the way, you know what the sexiest thing in the world is? Seeing Foxy with a wedding band on his finger. So hot.

I cannot wait for the the day when we we can finally wear these all the time. Are you just as excited as I am to wear your band(s)? Do you cheat (like I may or may not do) and slip it on at home from time to time?

3 comments:

Layla said...

I love the bit of black!

EmilyB said...

YAY! The pictures of yours doesn't even do it justice. And yes, there's nothing better than seeing your man wearing his wedding ring. Rawr.

eliz said...

Wow I never seen anything like it...the black looks awesome (black is my favorite color) haha