Image via Hey Gorgeous
Image via Ruffled | Photo by The Schultzes
Image via Project: 10k Wedding
After seeing detail/action shots like these, I decided that I
Not one to completely surrender, I also mentioned the idea that people could blow bubbles as opposed to waving ribbon wands. A few inspiration pictures later..
Image via Luster Studios
Image via Jared Wilson Photography
..and Foxy was on board. Bubbles it is (since sparklers - my total dream and lust - are more of a send-off type thing to take place at night, and this is just for the mid-afternoon recessional; plus I don't know if our venue even does sparklers). However.
As many a bride has mentioned both on the blog and the boards, I'm not so crazy about the little bubble containers.
Image via WeddingAccessories.net
I did find myself being a bit intrigued by the test tube version, though. I've seen people really spruce these up and make them look super cute!
Image via The Knot
Plus, Michael's even had turquoise colored ones which I temporarily contemplated. That is, until I saw pictures like this:
Image via Hostess with the Mostess
Image via The Pretty Blog
..and, as if you didn't see this coming.. just like that, I've decided to DIY my bubbles. There is no rhyme or reason to this other than the fact that I'm a bit cray cray and also a bit excited about using pipe cleaners as bubble wands. I mean.. it's genius.
Am I giving myself more work than I need to? Yes. Will it end up being a bit pricier than just buying bubbles at the store? Yes. But if it means having something I love vs. something I'd likely very much not love, I think it's worth a few extra minutes and a few extra dollars.
I'm sorry if this seemed to be a really long story about not much, but I pinky-swear-promise that I will have a little DIY of my bubbles soon(ish). I figure the sooner I get these babies out of the way, the better!
Have you ever found yourself DIY'ing unnecessarily for any reason? Was it worth it?









3 comments:
DIY! you can do it!! :)
I wanted to do the Sparklers thing...but I am looking for bubbles too..I never thought looking for bubbles would be a hassle...I won't DIY though...too much work for one little thing.BUT they dooooo look cute!
that's awesome, they will be so unique and cute! Fantastic idea!
Post a Comment