Like.. I MUST have lanterns. MUST have puff balls. MUST have paper heart garlands. MUST have a ribbon chandelier. MUST have mason jars. MUST have stripy straws.
While I imagine these all going together quite nicely in some magical way, our venue really isn't that big. I can see it quickly starting to look like a bridezilla threw up a rustic chic sandwich.
I also really wish I had an appropriate picture for this.
And then, looking through my pictures for the billionth time, I started to see a recurring theme. It was sort of stripy.. but really more like..
Image via A Lowcountry Wedding | Photo by W Scott Chester
..ribbons!
Image via The Chive
I already had plans to spruce up the bouquets with ribbons, a la this gorgeous photo:
Image via Lovely Little Details | Photo by Tec Petaja
Perhaps they could complement a ribbon infused bout?
Image via Green Wedding Shoes | Photo by Edyta Szyszlo
All of this would be accented nicely by a ribbon chandelier somewhere around the gazebo at which we will be married - either in turquoise or a white/off-white combination.
Image via Style Me Pretty | Photo by Anushe Low
And then.. the creme de la creme.. chair ribbons!
Image via Style Me Pretty | Photo by Polly Alexandre Photograpy
Image via Style Me Pretty | Photo by Aaron Young Photography
Image via Hostess with the Mostess | Photo by Marla Hudnall
I can't even tell you how much I'm loving these chair ribbons right now. The styles are endless, and they could go on the ceremony chairs that would eventually double as the reception chairs. Double whammy!
I could even wrap a ribbon around a mason jar if I feel so inclined.
Image via Joyful Weddings and Events | Image via Gabriel Ryan Photography
Not necessarily in a bow, but you get the idea.
I have to tell you, I'm thinking this is a very workable idea as a main decor supply. I could easily throw in some lanterns, maybe even some paper heart garlands, without it looking too incredibly nutso. Now I just have to convince Foxy.
Are you having any kind of decoration theme for your big day? Oh! And how many different elements is too many, in your opinion? Don't want to go overboard!









2 comments:
You can rarely have too many ribbon, ESPECIALLY if you're using it as your theme. We had a fabric strip backdrop at our ceremony, which was awesome... but I'm devastated that no one noticed my chair ribbons. I got such a jolt when I read that in your post, because I too thought they were the bees knees and no one noticed or got a picture of them. I was so looking forward to that back shot of me and my new husband sitting in our chairs with chair ribbons and then completely forgot to tell my photographer about them. I'm so glad you brought it up BUT SO MAD THAT YOU BROUGHT IT UP!! Ahh!!! Just kidding, c'est la vie. To reiterate, you can never have too much ribbon!!
So pretty...I stopped searching so many things because I was starting to get off track with many must haves..:-)
Post a Comment