Grow hair longer: I'm trying (whyy won't it grow faster?!).
Whiten teeth: eventually.
Work out, get fit, lose arm fat: ehhh we'll see.
Get clear skin: totally very much almost there!
See, when I was a teen, I was blessed with very good skin. I was (am) pale as heck and couldn't (still can't) get a tan to save my life, but my skin was clear 99% of the time. Which, naturally, I took for granted at my young age. I never wore a ton of makeup because I just didn't have to. And then I reached my 20's and went on birth control. Cue breakouts. Constant, terrible breakouts for the past 4 years or so.
No matter what I've tried - different birth control, an array of face cleansing products, cutting back on alcohol (hey, I love my wine) - nothing helped. My skin would get slightly better for a few days each month (take a guess when), but it's been consistently.. not nice. While I hate it in general, I specifically hate it because of the upcoming wedding. Makeup can only do so much. HD cameras do more.
Foxy has mentioned Proactive a couple times - he used to use it when he was in college, but said that after some time it stopped working for him, which made me nervous. Plus, I hate their commercials, with their gorgeous celebrities with "skin problems". Maybe they really do (did) have skin problems, but they also have makeup artists and photoshop and airbrushing at their disposal. Either way, I found myself irrationally skeptical. Intrigued, but still skeptical.
So when I found myself at Sephora a few weeks before Christmas, I noticed the small Clinique Acne Solutions kit. You know, the one Miss Doe talked about a while back?
Image via Acne.org
I started using it that very night, and now, about 3 weeks later, my skin is honestly *glowing* (knock on wood). It hasn't been this clear and I haven't had pores this small in years. I'm kind of in utter shock. It is, without a doubt, fantastic.
The kit recommends doing all three steps twice a day, but I found that this tends to dry up my skin rather quickly. Also, I'm super lazy and hate washing my face with the cleanser at night before bed, so I created my own little regimen that happens to still work quite nicely:
Morning: I do all three steps (wash, toner, lotion) - easy peasy since I shower in the morning and can just do the face wash in the shower!
Evening: First I clean my face with Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes.
Image via Daily Glow
Then I proceed with the Clinique toner and lotion as usual. Occasionally I'll also use Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin on my drier spots, or will use it instead of the Clinique lotion.
Image via Drugstore.com
This little regimen has worked out wonderfully so far. I've gone from using 5 different types of concealer on my face to just a light coat of sheer powder to reduce shine.. really! (Well, not counting what I use to cover my under eye circles - that's a different story entirely.)
Proudly sporting very minimal makeup on a recent night out with brideslady G!
Ooooh. Aaaaah.
How far out did you start any of your beauty regimens? Any other good skin tips?



4 comments:
Clinique has some really great products! I'm glad they're working for you. You're gorgeous. ;)
I love clinique's scrub...I been taking Biotin vitamins to start the hair growth...can't tell if it is working but I been getting trims every 2 months..:-)
I take hair vitamins from Vitamin World and I think it's helped my hair grow. Essentially you want loads of biotin.
You so purty. Your skin did look awesome on NYE :)
Post a Comment