Tuesday, January 18, 2011

SHOE-bee-doo-bee-doo

Ok. I need to get better with post titles.

In case you didn't get it.. this post is about shoes! Huzah!

I've been poking around online as of late for viable wedding shoe options. I've already decided that I really, really, really want turquoise shoes, a la our color palette. It's our main wedding color for a reason.. I have a minor obsession.

I have also realized that turquoise shoes? Are pretty rare. At least the *right* turquoise, anyway. I'd be ok with a pale pink shoe, but it would have to be pretty sassy if I went that route (honestly, it'd have to be sassy even if it was turquoise). 'Cause I'm a sassypants.

I would also prefer a closed toe shoe, mostly because I hate my feet. Not like you need to hear it, but my toes are pretty blech from dancing my whole life on bare feet and in pointe shoes. A pedicure can't save those babies. And I absolutely must have a few feet/shoe shots at the wedding.. so I either need a kick ass photographer who can avoid the toes, or a closed toe shoe.

My preliminary search brought me to Zappos, where I actually found some good options. The first pair of turquoise beaut's that caught my eye were these:

Carlos by Carlos Santana

They are a touch bluer than I might be looking for, but you never know until you see the shoe in person. I actually have these exact shoes in a purplish color, and they are pretty comfy. The one con I can come up with (aside from the open toe thing and possible wrong color.. so really, the third con) is that it's a 4.5" heel. I'm no stranger to sky high heels, but that would put me in somewhere around the 6'2" range... aka, taller than Mr. Foxy. So those probably won't work.

I think I just talked myself out of them. Onto the next pair.

These turquoise shoes appear to be more along the color I'm going for, and are a good blend of sassy and simple. Maybe a little too simple, though?

RSVP Jaceline

They are pretty cute. And wouldn't overpower my dress. The peep toe seems minimal enough that I might be able to get away with them. But.. they are also 4.5". Meh.

And that's it for turquoise options, at least from Zappos. Lame.

I did find this amazeballs pair of pinkish heels, though.

Nina Neva

Ok yes, so there's a peep toe. Come on, I'm not going to find adequate closed toe shoes, let's just face it. But I absolutely adore the design on the back of the shoe.. it makes it classy and simple and not overpowering in the front, then va-va-voom look-at-me-I'm-gorgeous in the back. Plus, I think it might actually "flow" better with my dress, which is very.. flowy. But they're also 4.5". (WTF!?)

The next two, I just think are fun. I would really prefer not to have white wedding shoes. I'm not a white wedding shoe type of person. But you can't deny their cuteness:

Menbur Carmen


Unlisted Natural Glow

That last pair is the only one listed at 3.5" instead of 4.5". Personally, I think Zappos just had a bit too much to drink the night they wrote down heel heights, because I just refuse to believe all those shoes are 4.5". Refuse.

On the bright side, I can always buy a couple pairs and then return the ones I don't want back, free of charge. They even give you a year to return shoes if they were never worn.. not like I need that much time, but it's still good to know.

Where did you look for shoes? Did you do colored or did you stick with white/ivory?

All above images via Zappos.com

7 comments:

Amy said...

I like the first ones...
I went through my Favourite stumbles to find this sucker and the site was giving me the 404 thing. So after trusty googling the shoes I found them on this crappy website - I'm not necessarily suggesting them, but saying how cute they are, and they come in turquoise.
http://www.beebuyer.com/product/496121-Free-Shipping-Wholesale-New-fashion-Patent-Heart-Platform-Phnom-Penh-High-Heels-Shoes-US5-8-5
Also whilst searching through my stumbles I came across this ala Pom Poms... they use Styrofoam balls... which would solve your big Pom Pom issues... and personally I think these ones are a bit nicer.
http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/diy-tissue-pomanders

Maria said...

I actually found mine on the 'bee thru the classifieds section. Someone bought the same shoe in two different colors and was selling the ones she didn't pick. I got them for $55 and they were listed on zappos for $85+!

Jessica said...

It was so hard for me to find a heel that was 3" or shorter. I did not want to bust my face on my wedding day.

Any of those shoes are adorable! I'm partial to pink myself. ;)

Saying I do said...

I just bought my shoes last week and I LOVE them. I'm not blogging about them until I actually see them with the dress when I go for my fitting in a few weeks because I don't want to jinx it. I found them on endless.com, and I think they have a much better selection than zappos. Maybe that site will work for you too! however, you've got great choices here! Oh and I went with ivory.

steph c said...

@Amy Those shoes are precious! Not quite what I'm envisioning for the wedding, but now I just kind of want them to wear everyday, hehe ;) And thanks for the other puff ball link! I'll look into it!

@Maria SUCH a deal. I would love it if I could get shoes for less than $80.. all these little things are adding up :(

@Saying I do I'm checking out endless.com.. right now. Thanks!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Those nina Neva's are HAWWWTT! I want them!

Sandra said...

Loved the last three pairs! However, if I wore any of those shoes, I would surely fall over and require a hip replacement! You are a rockstar just for being able to stand up in those!