I'm sad.
Mucho sad.
While I love blogging for fun (and for you guys) about my life and the wedding, I still harbor a not-so-secret desire to blog for Weddingbee. I obsessively check where each new Bee is from and where their wedding is. So far, so good.
And THEN. I go away on vacation for a week, they introduce Miss Lox, and my chances may very well be absolutely shot to hell.
She's having her wedding at my venue. AND she's a red head.
As my friend K-bomb would say, #firstworldproblems.
Whatevs. This sucks.
So woe is me and all that fun stuff. I figure I'll still apply when the time comes, and just recognize that my chances are pretty small. Admittedly, I am kind of excited to read about what she's doing and see her wedding at the Vandiver. But at least I'm getting married a year later than she is, right?!
Right.
...right?!

8 comments:
Right!!
Nevah, nevah, nevah give up.
i applied twice and was rejected twice. and got over it, and made my blog about what i was passionate about instead. if you want to get in, i'll be rooting for you but if you don't make it, your blog is still awesome :)
I say apply, and apply again if you have to. You're different and she's different and just because you share the same venue doesn't mean you don't have some wonderful perspectives to offer the wedding world.
P.S. I died when I saw the pic...hilarious.
I really hope you still apply and apply often. I would love to see you as a bee, your writing style is unique and your wedding is better. There, I said it. :P
Bahaha, oh Steph. I'm sure it'll be fine. And truth be told, ('scuse me while I snark) I read her blog before it was on the 'bee, and got bored very quickly and dropped it from my reader, and clearly I'm still reading yours, so hopefully that speaks to your self-esteem ;)
Hahaha. I just found your blog from a post you left on my blog, and I too am DYING to blog for WB. I keep being afraid someone is gonna steal my brunch food before I can apply, and I also keep dreaming about what the next group of icons will be.
Obsesses, that's what I am!
Keep applying!
I got a little sad when Miss Oatmeal was announced. I wanted to be Miss Oatmeal so badly! But alas, I can't apply yet - our wedding date isn't until August 2011.
Hi! Pengy here just going through your old archives :) Obviously this doesn't matter...but I don't need to tell you that. Haha :) xxxx
Post a Comment