Monday, July 2, 2012

It's Great to Bee in DC!

What better way could there possibly be to come back from a two week wedding/friendymoon hiatus than to meet up with some DMV area bees?!

Including but not limited to (I think!): yours truly, Mrs. Pony, EAQ219, PitBulLover, LovesToPlan, Eulalia, Lady Bear, TwinABee, laurenmck, MissGlobe, All In, bdemps11, Clairebella 

Mine and Foxy's flight from Mexico got in at 12:30am Wednesday morning, and by 5pm, I was surrounded by all those lovely brides and bride-to-bee's from the metro DC area (mostly Virginia, actually!) that you see above. We met up at a cute little place called Zengo in Chinatown for a few (ok.. maybe more than a few) happy hour drinks and bites, and got quite comfy getting to know each other!

Sushi, empanadas, shrimp. Omfg so good.

A view from above!

Mrs. Pony & I

EAQ219 & PitBulLover

Conversations ran all over the map, but I do distinctly remember talking about random Ohio connections and the Twins Festival in Twinsburg (at least two of the bees there have twins and have been to said festival.. how cool is that?!). There was also some talk about all things wedding related (obviously) and a bit about Fifty Shades of Grey (I mean, why wouldn't there be?).

I also had a just a bit of fun with their saucy beaded bathroom "door". How could I not help myself?!


All in all, it was such an amazing time with such amazing women.. all in favor of making this a more regular event than once every two years? Aye!

No comments: