Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Status of the Shoes

Remember when I pimped out my wedding shoes? If not, here's a reminder!


A lot of you were curious if they were easy to walk in or if they were slippery at all, and all I could give you was a semi-confident "yes" and "no", respectively. Before the wedding, I only had the chance to walk around in them on our tiled kitchen floor for a few minutes at a time, because I didn't want to mess the soles up. Blame it on my obscene "need" for photos of the whole shoe. Of which I got (half of) one.

Let's just all ogle at my pretty shoes for a minute, 'kay?

I will tell you that around my kitchen, they were not slippery. And generally, no, they were not slippery on our wedding day, either! I had a brief holy shiz moment when I first stepped on our venue's wooden floor with them, but after a few steps I got used to it. It was part "walk careful in these 4-inch glittery shoes, Fox" and part "walk careful because you're in a wedding dress, this is not everyday shoe-strutting!" Once I got those thoughts through my head, though, the shoes were a perfect little piece of cake to walk in.


On the flip side, I have to admit that the only time I was really on a potentially slippery surface was when I was walking through our venue's main house, like during the cocktail hour. We also did a lot of walking around on sidewalks and grass before the ceremony, so the soles had a chance to wear down a bit. But, I think the true test is that I kept those babies on for 99% of the day (minus a few minutes at the reception, until I realized no heels = me tripping all over myself). And no slips!

In short, here's my advice: glitter up your soles, but there really isn't any need to do the whole sole. If you're worried about slippage, skip the ball of the sole, where the front part of your foot goes. I promise you, you won't miss any pictures of it. If you are having a relatively outdoorsy wedding with minimal wood surfaces (and are a nutcase like me), go ahead and do the whole thing!

I mean.. let's be honest, though. They're gonna end up looking like this anyway.

A sure sign of a good time.. glitter and worn in soles!

Are you having any kind of painted or fancy wedding day soles? Are you worried about scuffing them up or slipping at all?

No comments: