Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Miss Fox, LMT, TB

((That doesn't mean I have tuberculosis. It actually stands for: Miss Fox, Licensed Massage Therapist, Tattooed Bride.))

While we're on the topic of tattoos..





..you may have noticed that I have a few visible ones. If you guessed neck, foot, forearm, and wrist, you win the Where's Waldo prize!

Now I have no idea if I've already mentioned this, but I'm not planning on covering any of them up for the big day. Many a friend/family member/fellow bride has stared at me all googley eyed over this decision.. but it really wasn't a decision for me as much as it was a give in.

The way I see it, if I didn't like my tattoos and/or thought I should cover them up at the wedding? Well shame on me, because I shouldn't have gotten them in the first place. Now of course this is a personal decision, but in my mind? They are a part of me and a part of the way I "express myself" - it's only natural that they will be out in proud display.

I personally find that placement is just as important as the actual tattoo. I actually kind of pride myself on my tattoos and my own tattoo placement; none of them were decided on or thought about lightly. There's a definite reason why I don't have one on my shoulder (yet), which is honestly the fact that that is one place I don't think I want ink to be seen on my wedding day. I would never get one around my ankle or on my calf/thigh because I simply don't think I'd like the look of it on myself - it's for some people, just not for me. As an aside, I also have this weird left/right thing.. like I need to balance my tattoos out. I got my clover on my left foot, stars on my right neck, infinity on my left wrist, Breathe on my right forearm, and cherry blossoms on my left torso. I like the symmetry..? Sure.


As for the man, he has more tattoos than I do, and plans on expanding the visible ones on his right arm to create the outline of a sleeve by the time we get married.

Remember these? ;)

So long story short.. yes, I am a tattooed bride (complete with tattooed groom!). And damn proud of it!

Are you or will you be a tattooed bride? Do you have differing opinions on the matter?

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I love your tattoos and like you said, you wouldn't have gotten them if you wanted to hide them!

Amy said...

I will totally have mine visible on my wedding day. I swoon over tatted boys.

As for my placement my bro one is in the middle of my back, my foot one is on the left and my next will be the left also... because they're things closest to my heart (left side). I think my next ones will need to be on the right for this reason.

I eventually want a kitty on my neck/ear placement, and then I will eventually do a right rib piece... not sure what yet.

I'm waiting till I have kiddos after my next one... I think.

HiLLjO said...

Yup, tattooed bride all the way. I am glad you don't want to and haven't even thought of covering yours. People get married as-is and you are tattooed so you should be married tattooed.
I wore my foot tattoo out with pride being a barefoot bride:
http://daisytosunflower.blogspot.com/2011/07/best-wedding-shoes-pic-eva.html

Jemima Kickypants said...

Mine will not be visible and I'm honestly kind of sad about it. I would have liked to display it. I thought about a really low back dress but couldn't find any I liked. So more power to you for being proud of your ink. Now, I'm not completely unbiased, I don't think I would OK with a bridesmaid or groomsmen displaying a naked person tattoo or curse words, but other than that, no problems with ink whatsoever or with people who are proud of their ink. I am also very symmetrical!

Maria said...

Rock that ink proudly!