Here's the situation.
We have a venue, but no officiant.
We have invites, but no Save the Date's. Truth.
And? We have a rehearsal dinner picked, but not the actual meal for our reception.
Edit: I'm pretty sure it's impossible to do cheese wrong. Nom.
So.. about that rehearsal dinner. We want to do a Maryland-style crab feast!
Since living in the good ol' MD, Foxy and I have made eating crabs somewhat of a regular thing. I'm not just talking crab cakes or king crab legs. I'm talking full blown bash-the-heck-out-of-the-crab-so-you-can-find-the-meat-and-eat-it crabs. I still have no idea how to do it right, but it's SO much fun.
Well imagine our surprise (and luck!) when we learned that our venue was having a traditional Maryland crab dinner for one of their recent Monday Night Supper Clubs. Our initial question of whether or not they would be able to do such a thing vanished. They nailed it and then some.
No plates necessary!
And.. gone. Delish.
They way they set it up, each table got a big basket of crabs but could also go up to the buffet line for some potato salad, grilled corn, peel and eat shrimp, and/or fried chicken; thus, an option for everyone. While Foxy and I would love to watch and giggle at our guests trying to open up their crabs in order to eat (come on, it'd be a smidge amusing).. I suppose it'd be better if there were other options. ;) We're hoping to do something similar to the mini-buffet Vandiver did for the supper club, and we could even throw some crab cakes into the mix if people want crab but don't want to work for it. (Those lazy bums!)
We haven't set this in stone yet, as we still want to check out some local restaurants to see their take on the crab feast. But this is definitely a viable option!
Has anyone else had their rehearsal dinner at the venue? Why or why not?

7 comments:
Uh, YUM!!!!
a) In my opinion, save the dates are unnecessary anyway.
b) You'll find an officiant!
c) Our rehearsal dinner consisted of pizza at the venue the night before while we all wore sweats and decorated, because that's how we roll.
c) I heart the cat wearing cheeze. If wearing cheeze on your head is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
That sounds like an awesome idea! I too find the thought amusing.
I love this idea! Besides, you can plan your wedding in whatever order you want, it'll come together for ya. ;)
This would be so fun! I do agree that other options are a good idea... Me and my hubs are NOT fish eaters... As in not so much the crab either. Some of your guests might not be too. Something to keep in mind.
I absolutely adore the thought of a crab boil for wedding food. Add some pasta, a turf-animal meat and you're good to go. PS: LUV teh cheez.
We had thai food at our reherasal dinner... easy! and as you say thst's how we roll ;) Tiff
No plates? That makes me nervous.
haha.
Post a Comment