Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Glamming it up

This past weekend I made a trip to Philly to visit some friends, one of them being my wedding twin (and brideslady) M. I say wedding twin because: 1. her and I are sistas from another mista (yes I went there), 2. our engagement rings are basically the same, coincidentally enough, 3. we're in each other's weddings, and 4. we're getting married about three weeks apart - Mr. Foxy and I actually kind of chose our date based on when they are getting married, truth be told.


We originally picked a date one week after M's wedding, but she was planning to still be on her honeymoon at that point. I was more than happy to find a different weekend because I totally love M and need her in our wedding. Done And done.

Anyway, this past weekend was dedicated to M's wedding - we were looking for bridesmaid dresses as well as a wedding gown for her.

The funny thing is, as similar as we are, our wedding "styles" could not be more different. Most notable is how Mr. Foxy and I are going for a more laid back, fun, summery, rustic feeling and M and her fiancé are going for a more glamorous, red carpet, swanky feeling. I totally love it.

We went to a total of 3 dress shops on Saturday. At the first one, we tried on a lot of "typical" bridesmaid dresses. Chiffon, long, flowy... all things that I really love and M seemed to as well, at least initially. However, going through her wedding binder later (Mindy Weiss.. so jealous), I saw what she was really going for with the bridesmaids dresses.

Glam to the max!

Um.. definitely not chiffon and flowy. As luck would have it, that Lazaro up there? JUST arrived at the last shop we went to the previous week. Excited doesn't even begin to describe M's feelings about this - she wants us to look h.o.t. Which is the definition of this dress. The purpose is to have us wear something that we seriously won't ever wear again.


Unless we decide to go to the State Dinner a la the Salahi's. Which could totally happen.

However, since that dress is SO formfitting, we also tried on some backups.

This exact dress and color

This dress, but in the raspberry color above

All serious contenders. I have to admit, I'm kind of excited to get all glammed up!!

Have you ever gotten super red-carpet glammed up for a wedding (or any other event, for that matter)?

11 comments:

HiLLjO said...

I do like the first one!

Amy said...

the first one!!! EEE!!!! So exciting!!

I totally plan on having a wedding date as cool as 6/9/12! One day I actually mapped out all the possible contenders over the next fivish years (this was like 2 years ago)... but obviously having a bestie in the wedding is way more important than a date!

toshella said...

I like the second one the best! I think it's cool that you're supporting her glam-wedding - especially since you mentioned that these dresses aren't high on rewearability. I already have BMs telling me I should pick something inexpensive that they can rewear, so kudos to you for going with the flow and supporting your friend in her vision.

Jemima Kickypants said...

I actually like the second on third. Isn't that awful of me?! However, I guess because I'm getting married at a sort of rustic venue, I just can't picture my bridesmaids in something so glamorous. The first one is crazy fun though, and very sexy!

Maria said...

That is certainly dramatic and glam! Idk, they're all really pretty! But that's funny, that you like multiple of 3, bc i do too :)

Anonymous said...

You look HOT in that first one! Though, I think you look beautiful in all. I just love the funky fresh glam (yes, I just coined that term) feel of the first one.

Jessica said...

I can't choose! But I do like the one-shoulder look. Both of them. :D

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

WOW i love them ALL! i love the first one especially though!

Saying I do said...

wow! you look great in all of them. The first is def. a Vava voom dress! But i think I like the 2nd one the most. Awesome!

Jess said...

oh wow - I love them all, but that first one has to be my favorite. Gorgeous color and definitely eye catching as well! Great finds.


xo Jess

http://cheapbutchicclothes.blogspot.com/

Mich said...

I'm a little late on this, but I love the first dress and I"m a little partial to that raspberry color. It's awesome!