Well.. that's not exactly how I roll. Apparently, I like to literally roll.. and decided to get a post-wedding curl, instead!
One of my better looks, no?
Oh yes, it's true. I channeled the 1980's and totally brought back the perm. It's really more of a body wave than a true perm (or what you normally think of when you hear the word perm), but it's definitely a drastic step from my naturally stick straight hair. And I love it!!
And so, without further ado, a little before and after action!
Before
Straighty McStraightpants.
After
That night, with a bit of volume..
..and the next morning, after rewetting it a bit.
So why the big (and complete throwback) change? The thing is, I've actually been thinking of doing this for a good 10 years or so. I've always loved styling my hair wavy, and it used to be that I could just throw it up in a french braid or two, sleep in it, and boom! Awesome waves.
Then I got older, my hair got finer (or I got worse at doing french braids), and it just wouldn't look the way I wanted it to. I'm also usually much too lazy to use a curling iron on my whole head of hair. So I've more or less stuck with it being straight, which has been super for the past 27 years. But it was time for a change.
Normally when my hair gets long, I chop it all off.. then I wish it was long again. It's absolutely the whole "want what you don't have thing", and likely why I wanted wavy hair - because I don't have it naturally. But hey, that's what chemicals are for! (Proooobably not the best thing to say, however.) And a bonus perk was that my hair stylist, Breezy B (same awesome lady who did my wedding day hair!), was up for doing an exchange - she'd do my hair, and I'd give her a massage. How could I pass that up?!
Now, will there be days where I wish I still had my straight hair? Very likely. But it's also the only thing I've ever known.. I literally have no idea what to do with this mop on my head right now! Not to mention, I'm still in that whole "can't wash your hair for a day or two" phase, so that's.. gross. But Breeze was kind enough to send me home with few curly hair products, and I picked up a few more on my way home from her place as well (Curly Sexy Hair, anyone?). So hopefully, with a little bit of finagling and a little bit of luck, I can manage this new, wavy head of hair and rock it for the next few months. Who knows? Maybe I'll keep it up!
One more gratuitous hair photo!
Have you ever gone from straight hair to curly or curly hair to straight? Any tips for a wavy/curly haired newbee? (Ha! See what I did there?!)




No comments:
Post a Comment