Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Saying Thank You

Good news.. I finally finished our thank you's from the wedding! Now, I know they say you have three months to send them out (I just completely made that up.. is that what they say?), but I really just wanted to get them done and out of the way so I could officially start my recaps here on Weddingbee. Because I'm so ants in my pants excited to start them!!

These thank you's were both really fun and the bane of my existence for the past few months. Really fun because it gave me another way to try and be creative, and really annoying because I wrote them all myself (Foxy's handwriting is.. interesting) and it was sometimes hard to come up with the perfect thing to say to 60+ people/couples. Le sigh.

To be honest, I actually got really excited about it all at first, since I randomly stumbled across the perfect cards at CVS two days after the wedding  - they totally matched our invites and part of our color scheme! Even better, they were sold by the pack - 20 cards and envelopes for $7!


Unfortunately, there was only one pack of them when I was there. The second CVS I went to had two, the third had none, and the fourth had one. So it took me about three weeks and four stores to acquire a sufficient amount of cards (with extras in case of any mess ups, too), which accounted for part of what took me so long to get them done. Another reason is that I hate writing by hand. Well.. no, that's a lie. I actually really like it, except my hand gets all crampy really fast. Ah, the joys of modern technology and keyboards! So I could only really write a few a day before I either got antsy, or my hand started revolting against me.

The last reason it took me longer than expected to finish was because I decided that I wanted to include a little "bonus" of some sort with the cards. I know a lot of newlyweds put a picture of themselves from the wedding in their thank you's - which I totally love - but I recently stumbled across the idea of putting a photo of the guests with each card instead.

Seeing as I can never make up my mind about anything.. I decided to do both!

These two are probably one of the most photogenic couples in the world.

One of the things that I absolutely loved about our photographer - something that you might notice with the photos above - was her ability to capture people and moments. I can honestly say that there was at least one heart-warming and lovely photo of every single person at our wedding, which made my job of including one for each person much easier. It made me so happy to look through our photos and see picture upon picture of smiling faces - moments that I may not have seen at the time, but can relive every time I look through our photos. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!!

I initially had grand illusions of making magnets out of said pictures or including little heart magnets a la our Save the Dates.. but yea. That didn't happen. I got a bit crafty with the envelopes, labels, and included the pictures, but once month three started rolling around, I called it a day. Blame it on all the pretty photos I had been consistently looking at and my eagerness to start the pending recaps!


Did you include anything special, like a picture or two, in your thank you's? How long did it take you to finish them?

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I LOVE the idea of putting a picture in the envelope! SO CUTE!! :)