My current obsession is not so much wedding planning (that's a lie, yes it is), but creating and re-creating my wedding planning binder. I am an organization freak, often too much so with so many things filed in so many places that I confuse myself. I initially went to Barnes and Noble and bought myself a nice little wedding binder that claimed to come with everything I needed, was a pretty color, and seemed like a good fit.
Looking back, I may have wanted to wait a bit longer to buy it than a week after getting engaged, with a wedding 2+ years away. I quickly realized a few things:
1. A 9x9" shaped binder, while still being 3-hole punched, does not accommodate most of what I needed to put in it. Like normal sized paper.
2. The directions and advice it had can be nice at times, but I use the internet for that. I needed more space to write things, not read them... and that was what composed much of the book.
3. You don't realize what you need in a planning book until you start actually planning. Go figure.
4. I should have made my own binder.
Not to mention the fact that I needed a whole separate "inspiration book" to put pretty pictures of dresses, centerpieces, etc from magazines. I hated that I couldn't just put everything in one big book!
So I went to CVS during my next lunch break and got me a nice big binder, some dividers, and a ruler. And then I realized, hey, I need more dividers! And colors! And sticky tabs! And pocket sleeves! Woohoo!
I may have seemed to be going a little cray cray with the organization accessories, but I figured that the binder would basically be my bible for the next two years. All my ideas, contracts, lists, etc, would be going in that beautiful piece of organizational heaven. I started out with mostly inspirational pictures, but that baby has surely grown in the past year and a half!

No comments:
Post a Comment