Let's take a super quick sidestep from recaps for a minute, mmkay? There's some details I'm dying to share with you all!
Now sure, I absolutely adored my wedding dress, but I also had a bit of a love affair with my wedding day accessories, too. For organization's sake, I'm just going to lump them all into one of a bride's four favorite categories: old, new, borrowed, and blue!
Now sure, I absolutely adored my wedding dress, but I also had a bit of a love affair with my wedding day accessories, too. For organization's sake, I'm just going to lump them all into one of a bride's four favorite categories: old, new, borrowed, and blue!
I also want to write about them in categories because I realized that I never wrote much about about a few of them previously - probably because I wasn't sure I was actually going to have all of them (old, new, borrowed, and blue, that is) - but alas, it all happened to come together in the end!
Something Old:
I ended up having two "something old's". First, there was my grandmother's vintage clutch that I (aka, one of my bridesladies) carried around for the first part of the day for essentials like lip gloss and my sunglasses.
Second, I wore a right-hand ring that was also once owned by my grandmother, one that I also believe has been in the family for quite some time. This just so happened to be the ring that I previously used as my "replacement" when I was sans engagement ring while it was being molded for my wedding band.
Something New:
Omigosh, so many things.
Aside from the dress, there was also my my hair piece and my garter, both of which I've previously posted about, and both of which I also forgot to get special detail shots of. (Yes, I forgot a lot.) Although, as I'm sure you noticed, it's kind of hard to miss my hair piece in 99% of the photos I'm in from our wedding day. Bling bling, yo.
As for the garter.. well.. not only did I forget to get any pictures of it, but I also forgot to wear it. So I wore it to the after party, and that was about it.
One of my most favorite new things, though, were my earrings. Last I left off with you was my search for the perfect pair of long and dangly earrings - a search that lasted months. And then, a mere six weeks before the wedding, I finally, finally settled on a pair from Etsy shop Bridal Bling Jewelry that ended up being completely perfect!
I totally loved these bad boys, and totally loved telling people they were actually rock candy. And having them believe it. Heheheh. (They were actually little Swarovski beads.)
Something Borrowed:
I'm not going to lie, I was so worried about not having anything in the borrowed category, but ultimately ended up having not one, not two, but three borrowed things! Two of which were incredibly last minute.
The first last minute "something borrowed" was from Officiant Em; en route to the venue on Friday, I realized that I didn't have any kind of acceptable studs to wear in my second holes in my ears. She came blazing to the rescue, letting me borrow her grandmother's vintage diamond studs, which I rocked all day long (and even managed to remember to give back to her)!
The second last minute "something borrowed" was from MOH Copper. As I was getting into my dress on wedding morning and putting on all the finishing touches, someone asked if I had a bracelet that I would be wearing. I never really had any desire to wear one, so I never thought about it much. However, when I looked at myself all gussied up, I totally regretted my previous decision. I just needed.. something. A bracelet, to be specific. Lo and behold, out of nowhere, MOH Copper pulls out two fabulous ones - one coral and one turquoise - and gives me the option of wearing one or both. And you guys? That turquoise one nailed it.
I think I got more compliments on that last minute addition than I did for anything else I was sporting that day.. and all thanks to my super stylish bestie and, evidently, one bangin' clearance rack at Banana Republic! I was so super sad to give it back to her at the end of the day, no lies.
Last but not least in the borrowed category was none other than those precious little bee charms you may have seen some other Bee's blog about - I got mine from the lovely Mrs. Hawk, and eventually passed them on to the fabulous Mrs. Scone! They made the most perfect addition amid my summery bouquet.
Something Blue:
My shoes. Duh. I mean.. turquoise is a shade of blue, right?
So the moral of the story is this: make a list of all your wedding day details. Give it to someone who won't forget about it, or just give it to the photographer. Have them take pictures of everything. Or don't and instead be like me and forget everything. Then take a bunch of weird photos with your dSLR and iPhone months after the wedding and pretend that you're just as good as a photographer. Except your not.
Can you tell I'm annoyed that I didn't get a professional artsy shot of my clutch, just my right-hand ring, my bracelet, my studs, my garter, and even my perfume? 'Cause I am.
I did, however, get a professional artsy one of our wedding rings!
Anyway, I loved all of my "somethings", and loved how each and every one truly completed my wedding day look (professional picture as proof or not). Did/Do you have a favorite accessory or "something" for your wedding day?
Something Old:
I ended up having two "something old's". First, there was my grandmother's vintage clutch that I (aka, one of my bridesladies) carried around for the first part of the day for essentials like lip gloss and my sunglasses.
(personal photo, as I completely forgot to have Laura take a picture of it)
Second, I wore a right-hand ring that was also once owned by my grandmother, one that I also believe has been in the family for quite some time. This just so happened to be the ring that I previously used as my "replacement" when I was sans engagement ring while it was being molded for my wedding band.
(personal photo)
Something New:
Omigosh, so many things.
Aside from the dress, there was also my my hair piece and my garter, both of which I've previously posted about, and both of which I also forgot to get special detail shots of. (Yes, I forgot a lot.) Although, as I'm sure you noticed, it's kind of hard to miss my hair piece in 99% of the photos I'm in from our wedding day. Bling bling, yo.
(photo by Exclamation Imagery)
As for the garter.. well.. not only did I forget to get any pictures of it, but I also forgot to wear it. So I wore it to the after party, and that was about it.
(personal photo)
One of my most favorite new things, though, were my earrings. Last I left off with you was my search for the perfect pair of long and dangly earrings - a search that lasted months. And then, a mere six weeks before the wedding, I finally, finally settled on a pair from Etsy shop Bridal Bling Jewelry that ended up being completely perfect!
(photo by Exclamation Imagery)
You can also see my grandmother's ring at the top of the photo!
I totally loved these bad boys, and totally loved telling people they were actually rock candy. And having them believe it. Heheheh. (They were actually little Swarovski beads.)
Something Borrowed:
I'm not going to lie, I was so worried about not having anything in the borrowed category, but ultimately ended up having not one, not two, but three borrowed things! Two of which were incredibly last minute.
The first last minute "something borrowed" was from Officiant Em; en route to the venue on Friday, I realized that I didn't have any kind of acceptable studs to wear in my second holes in my ears. She came blazing to the rescue, letting me borrow her grandmother's vintage diamond studs, which I rocked all day long (and even managed to remember to give back to her)!
(photo by Exclamation Imagery)
I spy with my little eye.. some studs!
The second last minute "something borrowed" was from MOH Copper. As I was getting into my dress on wedding morning and putting on all the finishing touches, someone asked if I had a bracelet that I would be wearing. I never really had any desire to wear one, so I never thought about it much. However, when I looked at myself all gussied up, I totally regretted my previous decision. I just needed.. something. A bracelet, to be specific. Lo and behold, out of nowhere, MOH Copper pulls out two fabulous ones - one coral and one turquoise - and gives me the option of wearing one or both. And you guys? That turquoise one nailed it.
(personal photo)
I think I got more compliments on that last minute addition than I did for anything else I was sporting that day.. and all thanks to my super stylish bestie and, evidently, one bangin' clearance rack at Banana Republic! I was so super sad to give it back to her at the end of the day, no lies.
Last but not least in the borrowed category was none other than those precious little bee charms you may have seen some other Bee's blog about - I got mine from the lovely Mrs. Hawk, and eventually passed them on to the fabulous Mrs. Scone! They made the most perfect addition amid my summery bouquet.
(photo by Exclamation Imagery)
Something Blue:
My shoes. Duh. I mean.. turquoise is a shade of blue, right?
(photo by Exclamation Imagery)
(photo by Exclamation Imagery)
So the moral of the story is this: make a list of all your wedding day details. Give it to someone who won't forget about it, or just give it to the photographer. Have them take pictures of everything. Or don't and instead be like me and forget everything. Then take a bunch of weird photos with your dSLR and iPhone months after the wedding and pretend that you're just as good as a photographer. Except your not.
Can you tell I'm annoyed that I didn't get a professional artsy shot of my clutch, just my right-hand ring, my bracelet, my studs, my garter, and even my perfume? 'Cause I am.
I did, however, get a professional artsy one of our wedding rings!
(photo by Exclamation Imagery)
Anyway, I loved all of my "somethings", and loved how each and every one truly completed my wedding day look (professional picture as proof or not). Did/Do you have a favorite accessory or "something" for your wedding day?
Miss a recap? Catch yourself up!
It's Wedding Week! - The week of the wedding started out pretty hectic, but we made it through (relatively) unscathed.
We're Cool People (who had to deal with a slight change of plans) - On Friday, we made our way to the venue, had a relatable moment on the radio, and learned about some last minute changes that we made an effort to take in stride.
Practice Makes Perfect.. And Crabs Don't Hurt, Either - After most everyone was settled in on Friday evening, we had our rehearsal followed by the best dinner ever - a Maryland crab feast!
Rise and Shine! - Wedding morning was soon upon us, and I woke up at the crack of dawn ready to get prettified.
Pretty Women - Over the course of the next several hours, myself and the girls hung out, got our hair and makeup done, had a photo shoot, and drank champagne.
Dressing Up - Soon enough, it was time for me to slip into my dress!
Dapper Dudes - At the same time, Foxy and his guys were ironing and getting into their suites - and Foxy was opening his wedding day gift!
The First of Many Looks - We had our first look, and both felt so much better after being able to see each other for the first time that day.









No comments:
Post a Comment